News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Handy® Magazine Nominates Craftsman MiterMate and Propane Trimmer for 2009 Innovation Award
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL
The editors of Handy® magazine, a publication of the Handyman Club of America, have nominated the Craftsman MiterMate and Craftsman Propane-Powered Line Trimmer for the 2009 Handy® Innovation Award.
The Craftsman MiterMate earned its nomination for the truly novel solution it offers woodworkers. By introducing a whole new way to measure and cut miter joints, the MiterMate saves time while also increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Currently, to determine the correct angle for two molding pieces to meet at a corner, calculations need to be made and rectified. The MiterMate renders those calculations unnecessary thanks to its Angle Finder tool. The Angle Finder automatically measures the angle, which then can be directly transferred to the saw. A woodworker can then move the fences and blade to match the Angle Finder setting, cutting both pieces to form a perfectly mitered corner joint. Craftsman plans to release the MiterMate in Summer 2009.
You can cook with propane; heat a cabin with it, too. Did you know that you can also cut grass with it? You can with the new Craftsman Propane-Powered Line Trimmer and on of the reasons why the Handy(R) magazine editors nominated it for the 2009 Handy® Innovation Award.
The Craftsman Propane-Powered Line Trimmer eliminates the need for gas, oil, cords or batteries. Instead, its four-cycle engine runs up to two hours on a standard 16.4 oz. canister of clean-burning propane. The Trimmer Twist Go attachment system makes securing a canister a simple process as well. The Craftsman Propane-Powered Line Trimmer is available in straight-shaft and curved-shaft designs at Sears.com and Sears stores nationwide.
The winner of the 2009 Handy® Innovation Award is decided by votes from Handy® magazine readers and visitors to www.handymanclub.com.