- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
J.D. Power and Associates Honors
Craftsman Professional Cordless Drill/Drivers
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (August 31, 2009)
Craftsman Brand Rated Highest in Customer Satisfaction
When it comes to cordless drill/drivers, Craftsman Professional™ is tops in class according to a new customer satisfaction study from J.D. Power and Associates. Craftsman Professional™ was ranked highest in satisfying customers with cordless drills/drivers in the new study.
"Craftsman Professional is honored to be recognized by J.D. Power and Associates," said Guenther Trieb, senior vice president and president, Brands, Sears Holdings Corp. "We take the feedback of customers very seriously, and wee pleased that those customers rated our drill/drivers as the greatest in category. Customers rely on Craftsman for performance, innovation and quality, and these study results show we're delivering on those expectations."
The J.D. Power and Associates study ranked customer satisfaction with cordless drill drivers in six areas: drill performance (including drilling and driving power, performance under heavy use and maneuverability in tight spaces); ease of use (including balance, weight and grip size and feel); battery performance; price; versatility of the battery platform in supporting other power tools; and warranty. Craftsman Professional received a score of 806 out of a possible 1,000 and was the top-ranked cordless drill/driver brand for drill performance, battery performance, ease of use, versatility of the battery system, and warranty.
According to J.D. Power and Associates, one-third of cordless drill buyers say that their drill/driver is the first power tool they've ever purchased, so a strong first impression is critical. Among the Craftsman Professional™ offerings is the 20 volt Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver with LED Worklight. The 20 volt drill has plenty of power to drill, drive and plunge through soft woods, hard woods or metals. With an adjustable 24-position clutch, users are able to match the torque to the job. Weighing just 5.5 pounds without a battery, the drill is easy to maneuver, and thoughtful features such as an LED worklight add ease and convenience to a wide range of projects. With a manufacturer suggested retail price of $269.99, the drill/driver is ideally priced for DIYers of all ability levels. A utility bag, battery and charger are included.
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has been a leader in the power tool category, providing tough, smart and long-lasting tool solutions to customers. Whether you're a mechanic, carpenter, plumber, or simply completing projects around your own home, Craftsman offers the right variety of tools needed to get the job done.
"For decades, Sears has offered customers an unmatched shopping experience because of the strength of the Craftsman brand," said John Froman, senior vice president and president, Tools, Lawn & Garden at Sears Holdings Corp. "We are proud to offer our customers the tools they need through Craftsman and we congratulate the Craftsman team on this well-deserved award."
Craftsman drill/drivers are available for purchase at Craftsman.com and at Sears and Kmart stores nationwide.
About Sears Holdings:
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation fifth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as LandsEnd, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has Martha Stewart Everyday products, which are offered exclusively in the U.S. by Kmart. We are the nation largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdingswebsite at www.searsholdings.com.
About J.D. Power and Associates:
Headquartered in Westlake Village, Calif., J.D. Power and Associates is a global marketing information services company operating in key business sectors including market research, forecasting, performance improvement, Web intelligence and customer satisfaction. The company quality and satisfaction measurements are based on responses from millions of consumers annually. For more information on car reviews and ratings, car insurance, health insurance, cell phone ratings, and more, please visit JDPower.com. J.D. Power and Associates is a business unit of The McGraw-Hill Companies.