News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
CRAFTSMAN® NAMED FAVORITE HAND TOOL AND LAWN MOWER BRAND IN POPULAR MECHANICS READER’S CHOICE AWARDS
Honors in Two Categories Speak to Customer’s Loyalty and Trust in the Brand
Hoffman Estates, Ill.(Nov. 9, 2010) – Popular Mechanics magazine has announced the results from its 2010 Reader’s Choice Award, and Craftsman was named favorite Hand Tool brand for the second year in a row. For the first time, Craftsman was also named favorite Lawn Mower brand.
Popular Mechanics conducted its second annual survey to determine reader’s preferred brands in consumer products. More than 10,000 participants, including home improvement and automotive experts and enthusiasts, voted in each category, choosing from 11 brands in the Hand Tool category and 14 brands in the Lawn Mower category.
“We hold all Craftsman products to high standards and are delighted to be recognized by the readers of Popular Mechanics magazine,” said Guenther Trieb, president, Brands, Sears Holdings Corp. “This recognition shows that readers trust and turn to Craftsman for various projects around the home and in the yard.”
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has provided tough, smart and long-lasting tool solutions to customers. From general purpose tools to mechanics tools, personalized tools and plumbing tools, all Craftsman hand tools have a lifetime warranty, providing reassurance that Craftsman will always be there to get the job done. Craftsman also offers a strong portfolio of lawn and garden equipment, from lawn mowers and tractors to hand held power equipment such as trimmers and blowers. Recent innovations on Craftsman lawn mowers include Smooth Start, largest bag in its class and easy-glide deck height adjusters.
"Congratulations to Craftsman on winning favorite Hand Tools brand for the second year in a row," said Bill Congdon, publisher, Popular Mechanics. "We are also impressed that Craftsman was chosen in the category of favorite Lawn Mower brand. Our readers are very knowledgeable and experts in the tool and home improvement area. They demand quality and performance in the products they buy.”
Craftsman hand tools and lawn mowers are available for purchase at Craftsman.com and at Sears, Kmart and participating Ace Hardware stores nationwide. For more information on Craftsman and Craftsman’s wide selection of other products including power tools, lawn and garden equipment and storage, visit www.craftsman.com.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.