News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (June 10, 2010)
Show Us Your Take on Craftsman's Innovative New Billboards for a Chance to Win One of 10 Craftsman C3 Prize Packages
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (June 10, 2010) Drivers across the Midwest recently have come across a larger-than-life version of an iconic American hand tool, the ultimate symbol of Craftsman "Trust in Your Hands." Rising above highways in Chicago and Indianapolis, these striking billboards feature an oversized hand reaching to the sky, gripping a Craftsman wrench, bringing the company's tag line, "Trust in Your Hands," to life in a very literal sense. Now the Craftsman team is asking fans to showcase their interpretation of "Trust in Your Hands" through a photo contest on Twitter. Ten lucky winners will receive a prize package of Craftsman C3 tools.
"The phrase 'Trust in Your Hands' inspires the work of our team and gives customers confidence in our innovative, reliable hand tools, power tools, lawn and garden equipment and garage storage products," said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. "Our new billboards bring this motto to life in a very eye-catching way and now we're asking our customers to use their creativity to do the same."
What Does Trust in Your Hands Mean to You? From June 9 to July 2, Craftsman is encouraging Do-It-Yourself (DIY) enthusiasts, budding photographers and anyone with a strong sense of creativity to submit their photographic interpretation of "Trust in Your Hands." Whether you create a billboard of your own, take a picture of you and your favorite Craftsman tool in an outrageous location, or put your tools to work on a unique project, all you need to do is snap a photo and send it to the @CraftsmanClub handle on Twitter. Entry tweets should read "@CraftsmanClub: Look how I put #trust in my hands," followed by a URL link to the photo.
Submissions will be judged based on which photos best represent the phrase "Trust in Your Hands." At the end of the contest, 10 winning submissions will receive a Craftsman C3 tool package valued at $750 each. No purchase necessary. The contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years or older. Contest ends July 2, 2010. For official rules, including prize descriptions, visit craftsman.com. Void where prohibited.
C3: Power and Versatility in One Package
Don't let power cords and multiple battery packs weigh you down. With the Craftsman C3 cordless power tool system, one 19.2-volt DieHard rechargeable battery provides long lasting power to more than 25 Craftsman C3 cordless power tools and lawn and garden products. With its power and versatility, C3 tools make ideal Father's Day gifts.
When using the Craftsman C3 tools with a 19.2-volt DieHard lithium-ion battery, users will experience a more lightweight feel, 295 percent better performance and 40 percent longer shelf life than its Ni-Cd counterpart. The battery charges in less than one hour and contains an indicator that turns from green to yellow to red, showing the battery's energy level. The following are just a few of the many tools powered by these batteries:
C3 Compact Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver: The lithium-ion battery makes the drill driver 30 percent lighter than non lithium-ion full size drills. With the included battery, the motor delivers up to 340 in-lb of torque and has two speeds (0-440 and 0-1,600 RPM). The drill is equipped with a 1/2-inch keyless chuck, 24-position adjustable clutch and built-in LED work light to handle jobs with dim lighting. The compact design only weighs 4.2 pounds.
C3 5 1/2-Inch Circular Saw: This cordless saw includes a laser mounted on the upper blade guard to help make an accurate cut. The saw includes a powerful 19.2-volt motor, 4,500 RPM for fast, clean cuts, a spindle lock, die cast aluminum upper blade guard and can achieve a 1-9/16 depth-of-cut at a 90-degree angle and a 50-degree bevel cut.
Craftsman C3 Hedge Trimmer: The Craftsman C3 Hedge Trimmer features 22-inch, dual-action blades and a full, 9/16 inch-cut capacity. This combination provides the power, length and clean cutting capability appreciated by hard working homeowners. The battery powered hedge trimmer comes with an ergonomic handle and trigger grip as well as a contoured front handle and front handle guard. Other features include a trigger lock and battery charge indicator. When used with a 19.2-volt DieHard Ni-Cd battery, the hedge trimmer has approximately 30 minutes of run time, and if used with a 19.2-volt DieHard Lithium-Ion battery, run time can increase up to 20 percent.
Additional Craftsman C3 tools powered by the 19.2-volt DieHard batteries include the C3 1/2 inch Hammer Drill/Driver, C3 19.2-volt Impact Driver, C3 19.2-volt DieHard Reciprocating Saw with LED, C3 19.2-volt Pad Sander, C3 Hedge Trimmer, C3 Blower/Sweeper and many more.
For more than 80 years, Craftsman hand tools, power tools, lawn and garden equipment and garage storage units have been at the center of innovative garages and workrooms across America. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted tool brand in America in the 2008 Harris Interactive Equitrend Brand Study. For more information on Craftsman's wide selection of products, visit www.craftsman.com.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.