- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman® and NASCAR® Announce NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award℠ Finalists, Honoring Behind-The-Scenes Team Members
Fans Can Vote for their Favorite Finalist on Craftsman.com and Win a Trip to the Wrenchman Award™ Ceremony in Miami, FL
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (September 22, 2009)
Craftsman, the official tools of NASCAR, and NASCAR today announced the finalists for the NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award, recognizing the behind-the-scenes NASCAR team members who "turn the wrenches" in the shop and along pit row, but rarely get the recognition they deserve.
Finalists from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ were selected based on nominations from their teams, describing how they showcase the core attributes of trust, quality, knowledge and innovation when performing their job. All team members, whether they work in the race shop or travel with the teams to the race track, were eligible. Fans have the opportunity to choose the winner by logging onto www.craftsman.com/wrenchman and voting for their favorite team member. Teams from the NASCAR Nationwide Series™ and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™ also nominated team members for the award. A selection committee will select one winner from each series.
Full profiles and accomplishments of all eight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series finalists are featured on www.craftsman.com/wrenchman, giving fans a glimpse of what it takes to field a NASCAR team. Fans can vote, once daily from September 20 through October 17.
"The NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award celebrates the unsung heroes of NASCAR whose efforts are vital to the success of any team," said Kris Malkoski, vice president & general manager, Craftsman. "We want to honor these crew members and give fans the opportunity to become familiar with the individuals who are behind their favorite teams."
NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award finalists from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series include:
"We congratulate all of the NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award finalists," said Jim O'Connell, vice president of corporate marketing for NASCAR. "NASCAR is truly a team sport, and these individuals' hard work, dedication and commitment to excellence deserves to be spotlighted. We appreciate the partnership of Craftsman, and the initiative they've taken to create an award recognizing important NASCAR team members."
By voting for their favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award finalist online, fans will also be automatically entered for a chance to win an all expenses paid trip for two to the Wrenchman Award Ceremony in Miami, FL on November 22. Official sweepstakes rules and entry details are located at www.craftsman.com/wrenchman.
Even if fans don't take home the grand prize, there are plenty of other chances to win. Two first prize winners will receive a Craftsman C3 Power Tool Combo set, three second prize winners will receive a Craftsman Mechanics Tool Set, and 20 third prize winners will receive a $100 Craftsman gift certificate.
NASCAR Craftsman Wrenchman Award winners from all three series will each receive a cash prize of $14,000 and $10,000 worth of Craftsman tools.
Craftsman's product line includes plenty of tools that NASCAR, auto mechanics, and do-it-yourself car enthusiasts rely upon every day. Craftsman's mechanics tool sets, cordless drill/drivers, garage and tool storage units, and more have been trusted for generations and deliver the reliability and performance that has made them a trusted name in NASCAR. For information on Craftsman newest tool innovations, including the Craftsman DOG BONE™ 8-in-1 Wrench, visit www.craftsman.com.
About Sears Holdings:
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as LandsEnd, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has Martha Stewart Everyday products, which are offered exclusively in the U.S. by Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.