Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Overall Dimensions:||Table Top : 600 sq. in.|
|Type:||Router table or router combo|
Ratings & Reviews
Premium Die Cast Aluminum Router Table Frees Woodworkers To Create
For precision woodworking with fewer slips and less wasted materials, the Craftsman premium die cast aluminum router table will give you 600 square inches of space and a variety of tools that ensure smooth accuracy. Instead of struggling to hold the router as you cut, keep both hands free to use on the wood and know that your cuts are accurate thanks to the table's microfine adjustments.
The premium die cast aluminum router table comes with a dust guard, fence, miter gauge, two feather boards, five insert rings, hardware and manual. It's built with a storage cabinet, a double power strip and a dust port that's easy to attach a shop vac to.
- The Craftsman premium die cast aluminum router table gives you the space you want and the tools you need for serious woodworking
- The work surface has 600 square inches of space
- Integrated scales let you measure accurately
- The 26" x 3-3/4" aluminum fence extends to 30 inches and allows you to make fine adjustments
- The jointing fence offsets up to a half inch
- A drop-in plate lets you attach bits and level quickly
- For most Craftsman router models except 17540 add 17543, there's above-the-table cutting height adjustment
- A duplex power strip with safety lock is integrated
- A medium-density fiberboard cabinet below the table provides storage space
- Feather boards include attachment slots on the fence and table top
- The miter gauge goes up to 60 degrees in both directions
- 5 insert rings with opening diameters of 1-1/4", 1-7/8", 2-1/8", 2-1/2" and blank
- A 2-1/4" dust port allows easy clean-up with a shop vac
Added on March 30, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
When I got this product, I was disappointed initially as the box was taped all over and I wondered if it had been returned. When I opened the box, all parts were present. From that point on, I was pleased. The base went together easily and within minutes. My router fit the plate perfectly and is very secure. It took only a minute or two to level the plate. I had read that the table was not level so I checked that out prior to construction; not an issue here. The door even fits perfectly. The unit has a minimum of vibration with my router funning. I would say that the only weakness thus far seems to be that the guide could be a little better, but really, it is a very minor issue.
Easy to set up. Solidly built and very portable. The router lift part was not quite what I expected but works just fine. You just have to make sure that the router you use is compatible. I ended up buying one of the Craftsman Pro routers to use with it. And it works great in this unit. I would most certainly recommend this router table to a friend.
easy to assemble and looks to be very high quality in fit and finish. Works well with various routers. I use the craftsman 2.25 Hp but directions are included for most others.
The on line description of this router table describes an above the table cutting height adjustment mechanism. The video showing the features of this item shows this mechanism. If you order this item it will not be included in the box with the router table. This mechanism evidently must come in a separate box that is not being shipped with the table. There is either a packaging problem with this table with the adjustment mechanism, or they have changed the features and have not changed the on line description or the video showing the features. The table looks great and probably works great. I never got the chance to find out as I could not find anybody at Sears that could find a solution to the lack of inclusion of the above the table adjustment mechanism with this product. This is one of the features I ordered this table,
Very well made easy to put together and level. Only gripe i have is the toy like miter gauge and non standard slot great product much better than the POS i bought at ************** Tools!
Rancho Cordova, CA
I purchased this table along with the roller cabinet and the 2-hp fixed/plunge base router. Fantastic combo with the fixed base mounted to the plate, switching is just flipping a lever and pushing a button for different apps, example, inlays. Once assembled, table is solid. Adjustments for different app's are plentiful and set up only takes a few minutes. Router plate is adjustable with 4 screws for flush fit, and top height adjust is a welcome plus. I have found only two draw backs to the system. The miter slot is narrower than normal, so after market items are not compatible, ( I was hoping to use my Incra I-Box on it, but not so ). And though you have a vacuum system, dust and shavings still travel into the cabinet. Due to the motor being in there, I would have rather seen a vacuum system in the cabinet also for keeping dust out of the router motor. I may just modify with a Y system to help keep it clear. One thing about my Craftsman tools after 30 some years, is I still have them, and I'm sure this system will be no exception!
Everyone who is complaining thinks they should get a perfect router table. YES you can get one, but they are 2000$ and up! However, if you want something better than the 50-150$ tables with the molded plastic sides (legs) then this is a very good solution. The table is flat, large, and has many adjustments. Once you get it assembled and adjusted, this is a very solid and very sturdy table. I bolted mine down to a heavy workbench and its very good. Is it perfect? NO. Is it excellent for 250$? Absolutely and that is the context that I purchased/and am writing this review in. I am not comparing it to a 2000$ table with incra fence and mitre gauge. Seriously, if you buy and dont like it sears will take it back, but don't act like they took advantage of you. WHich brings up second point. READ INSTRUCTIONS. Don't assume you are so smart that you don't need to (then complain about the assembly or table not flat). You can always go to woodworking store and get the 2500-5000$ table all assembled and delivered. This is a 250$ table and is very good for a 250$ table. Thank you
Spring Hill, FL
I am very pleased with this unit and the base that goes with it. It is producing very nice work. The router mounting plate, as it comes from the factory is about 1/16 lower than the rest of the table. BUT there are adjustment screws in each corner, near the mounting screws, that can be used to make it perfectly level. Which I did.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.