Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Overall Dimensions:||Table Top : 334 L in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Router And Router Table Combo Is Powerfully Accurate
The Craftsman router and router table combo merges user-friendly and powerful in a package that gives you everything you need but the lumber to get started on quality woodworking. The long-lasting router has a 1 3/4 horsepower motor that's robust enough to work through even hickory. The table gives you 334 square inches of smooth working surface on top of a sturdy cast aluminum base.
This router and router table combo gives you a number of tools that let you make sure your work is clean and accurate. The cutting depths can quickly adjust-and lock-to microfine levels. The fences are adjustable, and extendable, too.
- The Craftsman router and router table combo gives you what you need to get started on setting up a woodworking shop
- Comes with router, 1/4" collet, wrench, table, fence, dust guard, two feather boards, miter gauge, three insert rings, hardware and a manual
- The 9.5 amp router has a 1-3/4 HP motor that runs at 27,000 RPMs
- The router is built with permanently lubricated and sealed ball bearings for longer motor life
- The table has a cast aluminum base and motor housing
- There are 334 square inches of space on the 11/16 in. thick laminate-surfaced tabletop
- Cutting depths can lock down in microfine adjustments
- The fence adjusts for proper bit clearance, with the infeed and outfeed extending up to two inches
- The jointing fence off sets up to 9/16 inch
- Above-the-table cutting height adjustment works with most Craftsman routers except models 17540 add 17543
- Table includes a double outlet power strip with a safety lock
- The miter gauge adjusts up to 60 degrees in both directions
- Three insert rings have opening diameters of 1-1/4", 1-1/2", and 1-3/4"
- Dust extraction port
Added on April 28, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Sugar Land, TX
I have owned an older version of this 2HP Router for many years. A major problem that can wreck your work piece is that it is very difficult to tighten up the chuck enough to prevent the bit from slipping. The thumbscrew for setting depth of cut is also prone to slipping from the vibration resulting from using the Router. I have often thought of buying a better, but more expensive router, but haven't. I now use pliers to tighten the thumbscrew and a very long handled wrench to tighten the chuck. I also stop cutting every few minutes to recheck the settings.
Buffalo Gap, TX
The table is constructed out of some sort of press board and plastic, the router is solidly constructed out of aluminum. The router is a bit under powered but sufficient for small jobs around the house. all in all a good value for the low price.
Santa Fe, NM
I got this on sale for $99 and I think it is a tremendous value. Easy to put together and is working well. As another reviewer noted, you have to buy your own wrench for the above-the-table adjustments. My local ***** did didn't carry them so I ordered it from ******.
The table worked well and it was much easier to get the results I wanted over hand routing. Set up was a breeze. The above table adjustment was very nice. Get yourself a 6" or longer 5mm allen wrench so you can adjust from above, as this is not included. The router had plenty of power and went through red oak pretty easy. It's kind of a pain changing bits, but I can live with it. After first use, the painted on ruler on the right side started wearing off. This may be an issue after a while. Also, a small piece of the laminate chipped off near the router hole. I may need to also beef up the fence fasteners; they worked, but do not feel like they will hold up over extended use. Overall an ok table that will get the job done. However, I would recommend an aluminum top for longevity.
Virginia Beach, VA
A very inexpensive and hard to keep set router table. Router is difficult to set and will become mis-djusted after use. Had the 1/2 inch straight router bit become dislodged from the mandrel and chew through a wood piece I was routing.
Fort Ashby, WV
This router table was easy to set up and works well. I wasn't expecting much in the way of quality at this price but it works much better than I thought it would. The router is much better then the Skil brand router that I bought a couple of years ago. I haven't used it enough yet to know if it's worth the full 5 stars.
Osceola Mills, PA
I really like the above the table height adjustment, the router works great and has enough hp to route hickory with out a problem. the table is solid even with the plastic legs. the gauge on the the table is not large enough and I'm not sure about the press wood tops life span, but I have had no issues with the product and have routed a lot of boards. the tables measuring guide and the tops material keeps it from a 5 rating, but for the price, well worth it.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.