Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Overall Dimensions:||Table Top : 334 L in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Router And Router Table Combo Is Powerfully Accurate
The Craftsman router and router table combo merges user-friendly and powerful in a package that gives you everything you need but the lumber to get started on quality woodworking. The long-lasting router has a 1 3/4 horsepower motor that's robust enough to work through even hickory. The table gives you 334 square inches of smooth working surface on top of a sturdy cast aluminum base.
This router and router table combo gives you a number of tools that let you make sure your work is clean and accurate. The cutting depths can quickly adjust-and lock-to microfine levels. The fences are adjustable, and extendable, too.
- The Craftsman router and router table combo gives you what you need to get started on setting up a woodworking shop
- Comes with router, 1/4" collet, wrench, table, fence, dust guard, two feather boards, miter gauge, three insert rings, hardware and a manual
- The 9.5 amp router has a 1-3/4 HP motor that runs at 27,000 RPMs
- The router is built with permanently lubricated and sealed ball bearings for longer motor life
- The table has a cast aluminum base and motor housing
- There are 334 square inches of space on the 11/16 in. thick laminate-surfaced tabletop
- Cutting depths can lock down in microfine adjustments
- The fence adjusts for proper bit clearance, with the infeed and outfeed extending up to two inches
- The jointing fence off sets up to 9/16 inch
- Above-the-table cutting height adjustment works with most Craftsman routers except models 17540 add 17543
- Table includes a double outlet power strip with a safety lock
- The miter gauge adjusts up to 60 degrees in both directions
- Three insert rings have opening diameters of 1-1/4", 1-1/2", and 1-3/4"
- Dust extraction port
Added on April 28, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I do a lot of woodworking for custom car audio work. I've always used a plunge router, but realized a router table would work better on some projects. Only used it a couple times so far, but it has worked great. Awesome combo for the price, especially when on sale!
Seal Beach, CA
After reading several (positive and negative) reviews about this tool, I bought it when it went on sale. Overall, it's an excellent addition to my shop. Despite what the specs (and other reviewers) say, you CAN change bits from the table-top by simply adjusting the height to its highest point, locking the motor in place and using the supplied wrench. The only drawback I found was that the motor cannot be removed from the base with the table mounted (as is) to a workbench. I put a 3/4 inch strip of plywood under each of the support legs, which raised the entire table enough to get the motor out. But, since I can change bits from the table-top, I don't need to remove the motor anyway. The fence dust collection port is 2.5 inches and the port for the router itself is 1.5 inches (kind of difficult to hook them both up at the same time). I recommend buying the extended warranty (cheap). This tool saves me a LOT of time and works perfectly.
I picked this table/router combo up on sale for $99.00!!! For small projects this router will serve you perfectly. I'm only going to be using this router on MDF board for mobile audio projects so, for me, this purchase was a no-brainer.
As with many other Craftsman power tools it is easy to get sucked in by the attractive price. I purchased this router and had the first one fail within the first 30 days. I was able to exchange for a new unit after i returned home to get the table because the router could not be exchanged without it. Less than 1 year after receiving the replacement, it has not failed completely as well. This router works fine if you plan to make 1-2 cuts per week. When I cut for 15 continuous minutes i noticed the motor started to weaken. After a few days of the motor never fully getting up to speed the router has not failed completely. On the plus side, the light still works. Spend the extra money and get something else.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
This combo set was everything I wanted, I dont do alot of wood working so I didnt need something huge. This was perfect! I would recommend this to anyboby that is a do it your selfer.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Jul-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.