News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
CRAFTSMAN BRAND RELEASES ITS FIRST-EVER COMIC BOOK AT NEW YORK COMIC CON
Created with DC Entertainment to Showcase New Craftsman® Bolt-On™
Modular Power Tool System
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (Oct. 1, 2012) Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand, is bridging the world of comics and DIY with a first-edition, custom comic book created with DC Entertainment "Craftsman Bolt-On System Saves the Justice League." The book, based on the new, innovative Bolt-On tool system, can be viewed and downloaded beginning today on the DC Comics app and at CraftsmanComic.com, where fans can submit their own suggested plot for the hero.
"Accomplishing a DIY project can make you feel like a superhero in your home, and the tools you use are a big part of that," said Michael Castleman, president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, SVP, Sears Holdings. "With the switch of an attachment, the Bolt-On tool system can transform into nine different tools to tackle any task. With this comic and our presence at Comic Con, we want to show DIY to a new generation of tool users."
A Heroic Tale of "The Technician"
In "Craftsman Bolt-On System Saves the Justice League," The Craftsman Technician acts as the handyman to the Justice League, including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash. The Technician finds himself at the center of the story when a villain, The Key, tries to steal records from The Hall of Justice while the Justice League is away. The Technician's quick-thinking and Bolt-On tool help save the day.
"We loved working with the Craftsman brand team on this project," said Hank Kanalz, SVP of digital, DC Entertainment. "In the new, custom comic book we spotlight how tools play an important behind-the-scenes role in this Justice League story, from tuning up the Batmobile to getting the Invisible Jet back up and running after an epic battle. It's a unique angle, one that we don't get to see in the normal course of our stories."
The "Power" Tool
For those starting their tool collection or looking to expand their arsenal, the Craftsman Bolt-On is a perfect option as America's largest modular power tool attachment system. It saves space, time and money with nine interchangeable attachments that all connect to one high-performance tool base. The attachments can be switched in seconds to convert from a drill to a router to a jigsaw to an oscillating multi-tool and more. The Craftsman Bolt-On tool system is made to bring projects to life and help users make and create.
The Bolt-On system is available as part of a kit that comes with a tool base, a 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion battery, a compact Drill/Driver attachment and a QuickBoost® Charger, which boosts battery power at lightning speed from 0 to 30 percent in 10 minutes with the push of a button, or a full charge to the battery in just 30 minutes. All other attachments are sold separately:
The tool hits shelves in late October in time for the holidays. The Bolt-On tool system kit is available for $119.99, while the individual attachments will retail for $29.99 to $39.99.
Calling all Super Fans, DIY Superheroes
Comic and DIY fans alike can find complimentary issues of the comic book at this year's New York Comic Con at the brand's exhibit, which features a live-action project build of The Technician's headquarters using the Bolt-On system. Those adventurous enough can join in to assist with assembly. Fans can also get their photo taken on the Craftsman Motorcycle and participate in other activities, including a signing with the comic book author, Joshua Williamson, on Saturday, October 13 from 11:00 a.m. to noon.
The 2012 New York Comic Con runs from October 11-14 at the Jacobs Javits center in New York City. Stop by to see Craftsman at booth #2046.
For those not attending the show, the full digital comic can be downloaded for free on the DC Comics app and viewed at CraftsmanComic.com. On CraftsmanComic.com, fans have the opportunity to flex their creative muscles by submitting an original drawing and synopsis, outlining their own story of how The Technician can use the Bolt-On system. The winning submission will receive an all-expenses paid trip for two to New York Comic Con 2013 as well as a private tour of DC Comics in New York.*
If you have a great idea for a story but can't draw a straight line, or love to illustrate but recognize that writing is not your strong suit, CraftsmanComic.com will connect you with others who are in the same boat.
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES INCLUDING DC AND PUERTO RICO, 18 YEARS AND OLDER WHO DID NOT PURCHASE ANY EQUIPMENT FOR PURPOSES OF ENTERING THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter Contest by: 11/30/12. For Official Rules and prize description, visit http://www.CraftsmanComic.com. Sponsor: Sears Holdings Management Corporation, 3333 Beverly Rd., Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.
The Craftsman brand is America's most trusted tool brand. For more than 85 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative tools and products, making projects come to life and earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality and durability. Craftsman offers a full range of hand and power tools that meet the needs of the DIY user to the demanding professional. In addition, Craftsman also offers Lawn and Garden products and tool storage.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is a leading integrated retailer with over 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2012 ENERGY STAR® "Corporate Commitment Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com Twitter: @searsholdings | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SHCCareers