News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
CRAFTSMAN® BRAND AND GOLF'S COOLEST COMMENTATOR,
GARY MCCORD, HOST "FATHER'S DAY MINIATURE GOLF CLASSIC"
DURING THE SPORT'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
SHOP YOUR WAY℠ Contest Gives Members Chance to Attend Golf's Major Weekend in Ardmore, Pa., and Participate in Event Benefitting Sears Heroes At Home Charity
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. (May 22, 2013) This Father's Day weekend, the Craftsman brand invites hard core golf fans and putt-putt enthusiasts to play a free round during the "Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic" on a one-of-a-kind miniature golf course, June 15 16 in Philadelphia. Specially built by the Craftsman brand and designed by former professional golfer and analyst Gary McCord, the course features Craftsman tools at every hole. For every hole-in-one, the Craftsman brand will donate $100, up to $10,000 total, to nonprofit Rebuilding Together through Sears Heroes at Home, a program to support military service members and their families.
"The 'Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic' is a fun way to get your golf fix without the pressure of big tournament prize purse plus playing on this course won't increase your handicap," said McCord. "The entire course incorporates Craftsman tools and is designed for people who want a break from standing quietly in the gallery of a major tournament to make some noise with family and friends in celebration of Father's Day. The golf world has never seen anything like it before."
For those not in the Philadelphia area, Shop Your Way Rewards and Craftsman Club members can enter* by May 23 for a chance to win a trip for two to visit the "Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic" and attend the final round of the national championship happening in Ardmore, Pa. that weekend. To enter, members are invited to share their favorite memories of working with dad by creating an online catalog at Shopyourway.com and tagging it "The Craftsman Project with Dad." The five catalogs with the most followers are entered to win.
"What better way to celebrate your everyday hero dad than by bringing together two of his favorite pastimes golf and DIY projects made with Craftsman tools?," said Michael Castleman, president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, senior vice president, Sears Holdings. "While celebrating dad's special day, golf enthusiasts also have an opportunity to show their appreciation for our national heroes members of the U.S. military."
The "Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic" will be open to the general public and offers nine truly unique mini-golf holes where players will putt through features including Craftsman products such as co-branded Craftsman / Harley Davidson tool chests. Other holes will feature tools configured into iconic American landmarks. Participants will get a chance to meet golf's coolest commentator when McCord comes by the miniature golf course on June 15 to play the inaugural round.
The "Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic" is one stop along the route of the Craftsman "Make a Difference" Tour a cross-country journey of a 36-foot truck to help rebuild American communities and restore homes of military veterans. The money raised during the golf event will help further the effort by contributing directly to deserving non-profits with the same mission. At the miniature golf event, fans will
also get the chance to interact with the latest product solutions from the Craftsman brand that also make great gifts for Father's Day, including:
- Craftsman Bolt-On™ System: The Bolt-On system base comes standard in a kit with a drill/driver attachment, a 20-volt Max lithium-ion battery and charger and retails for $119.99. Additional attachments sold separately, ranging in price from $30-$40.
- Craftsman 80-piece Max Axess® Wrench Set: The wrench set retails for $99.99.
- Craftsman®/Harley-Davidson® Special Edition Tool Storage: Available in a Three-Drawer Portable Tool Chest, Nine-Drawer Heavy-Duty Combo and 18-Drawer Heavy-Duty Combo, ranging in price from $79.99 and $1,399.98.
All items are available on Craftsman.com and at Sears store locations nationwide. For more Father's Day gift ideas, visit www.craftsman.com.
For more information on the "Craftsman Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic," log onto www.craftsman.com/makeadifference. For more information on Sears Heroes at Home, visit www.sears.com/heroesathome.com.
*The Craftsman Project With Dad CONTEST: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Contest starts on 5/13 at 12:00:01 a.m. CT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 5/23/13. Contest is open to legal residents of 50 U.S./D.C., 18+ who are Bonus SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS℠ members or higher as of date of entry. ARV of prize: $ 4,800. Subject to official rules at Shopyourway.com.
The Craftsman brand is America's most trusted tool brand. For 86 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative tools and products, making projects come to life and earning a reputation for unsurpassed quality and durability. Craftsman offers a full range of hand and power tools that meet the needs of the DIY user to the demanding professional. In addition, Craftsman also offers Lawn and Garden products and tool storage.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer with more than 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through Shopyourway.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually, and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR® "Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award"; for Product Retailing and Energy Management and one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. Twitter: @searsholdings || Facebook