News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman® Presents "The Down & Dirty – Secrets of DIY Design" Live on facebook.com/craftsman
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Jan. 27, 2011)
America's DIY Designer, Frank Fontana to Provide Behind-the-Scenes Look of New Show While Offering Design and Tool Solutions
Hoffman Estates, Ill. (Jan. 27, 2011)
Craftsman is known for innovation and in 2011 the brand will unveil breakthrough technologies to improve productivity and directly respond to customers" needs and lifestyles. Therefore, it is only natural that Craftsman team with America"s DIY Designer Frank Fontana to further deliver creative solutions to help customers build and manage their space at home. The Craftsman World of DIY, the world"s first DIY Broadcasting Network, responds to the needs of an audience who seek a catalog of authentic content that is informative, entertaining and engaging.
Beginning today, Fontana is making a jump from traditional design and DIY television into the future by engaging in live media, Internet radio and online video, all produced from the Craftsman Experience in Chicago. The Craftsman Experience is the ultimate DIY playground, bringing visitors face to face with tools, live demonstrations and hands-on work stations.
Fontana will host a podcast series and video show called "The Down and Dirty," in which he will share projects from his recently launched book, "Frank Fontana"s Dirty Little Secrets of Design," and create new projects in response to requests from the audience, while identifying the Craftsman tools needed to complete each project. Each show will be uncut and unedited, giving viewers a glimpse at what really happens on a DIY set. And consumers across the country have the chance to get involved! Listeners/viewers can write or call in via Facebook and BlogTalkRadio™.
"We are excited to work with Frank Fontana this year," said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of Craftsman. "He is a talented designer and provides his clients with innovative, out-of-the-box solutions to suit their design needs, similar to Craftsman. We value our customers and look forward to providing them with new ideas to renovate their home by giving them the essential tools to get the job done right. This represents the inaugural series on the innovative, new Craftsman World of DIY."
"The Down and Dirty" podcast airs 11 a.m. to noon CST on Wednesdays and from 11 a.m. to noon CST on Sundays each week. In addition to the podcast series, Fontana will host a video show from 7 to 7:30 p.m. CST each Thursday. All segments are produced at the Craftsman Experience and will stream live via www.facebook.com/craftsman and Blogtalkradio.com/diy.
The Craftsman Experience is located at 233 W. Huron in Chicago and will be open from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and from noon to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Visitors to Craftsman.com can find a schedule of events that will be broadcast online.
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted Hand Tool brand and Lawn Mower brand in the 2010 Popular Mechanics ReadersChoice Awards. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
About Frank Fontana
Interior Designer, TV host, Author and DIY expert Frank Fontana is best known in the media as "The Straight Guy-With A Queer Eye" and host of HGTV's top-rated DIY design show, Design on a Dime. On the show Frank puts his skills and budget savvy styling tools to the test daily to makeover one room, with only a one thousand dollar budget, all in one day! In addition to taking the reins of Design on a Dime, Frank was also the lead designer of HGTV's Takeover My Makeover, a featured designer for the Change the World campaign, and starred in HGTV's Christmas special Decked for the Holidays, as well as the highly popular HGTV competition, "Showdown."
Frank is also a regular fixture on NBC's TODAY Show, WGN news, and a Home Style contributor to Oprah.com. Many recognize Fontana as the real life "Italian Stallion" of the design world and underdog winner of ABC Television Network's 2004 DIY reality competition, The Great Domestic Showdown. Currently, Frank is the lead designer of Frank Fontana Designs, now headquartered in downtown Chicago, and services commercial and residential clients nationwide. Frank's new book, "Frank Fontana's Dirty Little Secrets of Design," is currently available in bookstores nationwide as well as amazon.com.