News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman Introduces Latest Innovations at 2009 Lawn & Garden Demo Day
KISSIMMEE, FL AND HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL (January 15, 2009)
Craftsman, America Most Trusted Tool Brand, presented its new lawn and garden products for 2009 to industry journalists at the spring training home of the Houston Astros, Osecola County Stadium in Kissimmee, FL. The event, named the Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Demo Day.
David Mellor, head groundskeeper for the Boston Red Sox, was on hand to assist Craftsman and manufacturer representatives to demonstrate the 2009 Craftsman and Craftsman Professional lawn and garden lineups.
"We have a lot of innovative new products we can wait to share with you," said John Froman, Sears Holdings President of Tools and Lawn and Garden to the assembled members of the media. "David Mellor is going to show us and our consumers how to use these products. We hope you see how special Craftsman brand is."
Prior to the demonstrations, Mellor described some of the common problems he faces as a head groundskeeper and offered some tips and techniques used in big league ballparks that could be helpful for home lawns. He stressed the importance of adequate watering, the necessity of dethatching and the effectiveness of aeration in cultivating a healthy lawn.
Mellor, Craftsman representatives and Osecola groundskeepers then demonstrated the exciting and innovative mowers, tractors, handheld power equipment, pressure washers and other lawn and garden items to the assembled journalists.
Highlights included demonstrations of the new Craftsman Propane-Powered Line Trimmer, Craftsman Zero-Turn Revolution Tractor and the Craftsman Rear Propelled Rear Bag Lawn Mower with Key Start.