News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Kicks Off Its Father's Day Miniature Golf Classic
- Craftsman Brand & DC Comics Present the Tale of the Technician
- Craftsman Brand Calls For a House United
- Craftsman Make a Difference Tour Assists Communities
- Craftsman Brand Delivers High-Tech Innovation at CES
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
CES EXHIBIT TRANSFORMS THE GARAGE INTO THE ULTIMATE DIY PROJECT CENTER FOR THE TECH-SAVVY CONSUMER
Jan. 9, 2012
The Craftsman® Brand Delivers "Garage Innovation" to the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show
LAS VEGAS (Jan. 9, 2012)
While many think of tools when they hear the name Craftsman, the brand will stand side-by-side with the world's top technology companies when it unveils its Craftsman® Assurelink™ Garage Door Openers, Remote Light Switch and Remote Light Control at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show. The Craftsman brand knows that Do-It-Yourselfers are gadget-lovers at heart...so at the Craftsman CES exhibit (CES Central Plaza, Booth #CP27), home connectivity and consumer electronics technologies converge with the garage space, creating an innovative DIY project center for the tech-savvy consumer.
"The Craftsman brand's spirit of innovation can be seen throughout our entire product line, from power and hand tools to garage storage units and lawn and garden equipment. We constantly search for new ways to provide consumers with technology and solutions to solve problems and simplify their life," said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. "Anyone who has a garage can relate to that 'oh no' moment when you can't remember if you closed your garage door before leaving the house. With the new Craftsman Assurelink Garage Door Opener and a simple click on your smartphone app you know the garage door is closed and your home is secure."
In addition to the Assurelink Garage Door Opener, the Craftsman exhibit features remote control lighting, wireless garage storage, new-to-the-world power and hand tool innovations, and more. Booth highlights include:
The Garage Gets Connected
- Craftsman® Assurelink™ Garage Door Openers
Assurelink™ Gateway technology is incorporated into two garage door opener models - Assurelink™ DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener and Assurelink™ DC Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Back-up - allowing homeowners to monitor and operate their garage door from virtually anywhere* with an internet connection using a smartphone, computer or tablet. Even from thousands of miles away, users can check open/close status and then operate the garage door as desired. The Assurelink Garage Door Opener provides the peace of mind, convenience and freedom of remotely controlling entry to the home when not present.
- Craftsman® Assurelink™ Lighting
Making their first appearance at the show are the CraftsmanAssurelink™ Remote Light Control and the Craftsman Assurelink Remote Light Switch. The former is a plug-in light control for table and floor lamps and the latter an installed light switch. When paired with the Craftsman Assurelink internet gateway**, each allows users to operate select household lighting on their smartphone, computer or tablet from anywhere, at anytime*; providing added safety and security in and around the home.
Consumer Electronics, Meet the Garage
- Craftsman® Contour Powered Series Tool Storage
This three-chamber, ball-bearing tool storage hub is designed for the multi-tasking Do-It-Yourselfer looking to amp up their workspace. The central project station not only stores, organizes and protects tools, but also connects consumers with their music and mobile phone through a built-in stereo system with 220W twin-speakers compatible with iPod® and Bluetooth® enabled devices. In addition to enjoying their favorite music and managing phone calls without wires, users can keep up to four tools or personal electronic devices juiced up through the built-in power charging station.
- CraftsmanV4? Headphones
These lightweight headphones feature noise suppression to lower harmful sounds such as jackhammers or chainsaws for use around the home or worksite, even in extreme conditions such as rain and dust. Speech Amplification Technology incorporates built-in microphones to continue conversations even in a noisy work environment and the auxiliary input allows the user to plug in a media or MP3 player so users can listen to tunes while mowing the lawn or sawing in the workshop.
Shine the Light on Tools
- Craftsman® Lighted Pliers
The new Craftsman Lighted Pliers feature a patented center hub with an LED light that illuminates the work surface, providing a solution for low-light conditions. The sealed LED module is waterproof, oil proof and chemical proof and has an extra-long battery life.
To learn more about the above, including pricing and availability, as well as other just unveiled innovations from Craftsman at CES (CES Central Plaza, Booth #CP27), please visit www.craftsman.com and pimsmultimedia.com/CraftsmanCES.
For nearly 85 years, the Craftsman brand has developed innovative products. To learn more about the Craftsman brand's assortment of hand tools, power tools and lawn equipment, visit www.craftsman.com, www.facebook.com/craftsman or one of the many Sears stores nationwide. From power tools to hand tools to lawn and garden, the Craftsman brand was honored with 19 recognitions in 2011 for its top innovations, including "Power Tool Brand of the Year" by the Harris Poll 2011 EquiTrend® study and for the third consecutive year "Top Hand Tool Brand" by the Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Award. In addition, Popular Science magazine bestowed its "Best of What's New" recognition on its revolutionary Craftsman Quick Boost? Charger.
*Annual activation fee required. See craftsman.com for details.
**Currently sold exclusively with Craftsman Assurelink™ Garage Door Openers
iPod® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
The Bluetooth® word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com. | Twitter: @searsholdings | | Facebook: www.facebook.com/SHCCareers