News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
Craftsman Launches Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools Built for the Toughest Jobs
Hoffman Estates, Ill.
New Line Brings Craftsman Trust to Industrial Channel
Hoffman Estates, Ill. - (March 7, 2011)
Craftsman, America's most trusted hand tool brand, introduces Craftsman Industrial, a new line of mechanic hand tools available for the heavy-duty needs of industrial and maintenance professionals. Craftsman Industrial is made in the USA and was developed with end-user insights to meet or exceed the standards of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
"We are pleased to announce the launch of Craftsman Industrial to build on the value of our Craftsman brand in a way that is consistent with customer expectations and requirements," said Scott Freidheim, EVP, Sears Holdings and President, Kenmore, Craftsman & Diehard. "We know that professionals already respect and trust the Craftsman brand in their own lives, so our expansion into this new segment is natural extension of our brand."
Each Craftsman Industrial hand tool is made of tough alloy steel, heat treated, oil-quenched and tempered for uniform hardness and maximum strength. The tools are put through a series of rigorous tests in the Craftsman Labs at the brand's headquarters in Hoffman Estates, Ill.
Craftsman Industrial offers:
- A broad assortment of mechanic hand tools
- Hand Tools made in the USA
- The Craftsman Lifetime Hand Tool Warranty
- Exclusive availability for customers in the industrial, commercial and manufacturing; government and military; automotive, transportation and fleet maintenance; technical education and construction industries
"The Craftsman brand is built on innovation and quality, and in keeping with that commitment, we're launching this line of mechanics hand tools that works as hard as the professionals who use them," said Kris Malkoski, vice president and general manager of the Craftsman brand. "Our industrial products are built to endure the demanding conditions of a work site and designed to give professionals the confidence they need to get the job done."
Visit www.craftsman.com for a list of distributors in your area or to become a Craftsman Industrial distributor. For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted Hand Tool brand and Lawn Mower brand in the 2010 Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Awards. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.