News & Accolades
Craftsman in the news [ The latest from Craftsman, America's most trusted tool brand. ]
- Current Headlines
- Craftsman Brand Poised to Nail DIY in 2012
- Craftsman Experience Celebrates One-Year Anniversary as Ultimate Do-It-Yourself Playground
- The Craftsman Brand Named Top Power Tool in Nationwide Brand Survey
- Craftsman Multi-Purpose Garage Flooring Offers Durability and Customization
- Craftsman Launches Tough New Industrial Line of Mechanic Hand Tools
- Craftsman Ball-Bearing Tool Storage Combo Just $199.98 During Special Promotions
- New Universal Mechanics Tool Set, Universal Ratchet and Socket Set Added to Craftsman Hand Tools Lineup
- New 51-Piece MAX AXESS™ Mechanics Tool Set from Craftsman Eliminates Need for Deep Sockets
- Craftsman Launches Frank Fontana Podcast
- Craftsman Introduces TurnTight Technology
- Craftsman Debuts New NEXTEC Tools
- Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Award 2010
- Craftsman Brand Opens the Craftsman Experience in Downtown Chicago
- One Man's 3,300 Mile Odyssey on a Craftsman Garden Tractor
- Craftsman Tools Asks Fans to Put "Trust in Your Hands"
- Craftsman, Harbor Town Links Offer Tips and Tools For a Healthy Lawn
- Ace Hardware Announces Plan to Sell Craftsman Tools
- Craftsman Featured At The International Builder's Show
- Craftsman, NASCAR Announce Wrenchman Award Finalists
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Cordless Drills
- Popular Mechanics Reader's Choice Awards
- Craftsman and NASCAR® Announce New Award
- Four Craftsman Tractors Make 2009 Top Ten
- Craftsman Products Nominated for Award
- Craftsman Sponsors ESPN Tech Garage
- Consumers Trust Craftsman, Poll Shows
- Craftsman 2009 Lawn & Garden Debuts
- Craftsman, Helmets to Hardhats Team Up
- Craftsman - Official Tools of DIY Network
Be inspired by project and tool advice from other craftsmen. Visit the Community
New Craftsman 51-Piece Max Axess™ Mechanics Tool Set Delivers Access, Strength and Versatility
Hoffman Estates, Ill.
Hoffman Estates, Ill.
The Craftsman brand introduces the ultimate mechanics tool set to its already robust arsenal. The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ mechanics tool set is equipped with Craftsman's strongest and lowest profile ratchets with a go-thru design on the ratchets and accompanying accessories, eliminating the need for deep sockets, as the ratchets and sockets can now fit over long bolts. The mechanics tool set is versatile and can be used with existing standard and metric sockets.
The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ mechanics tool set boasts an ultra-slim design which has up to a 35 percent lower profile than conventional designs for better access to fasteners. Both the ratchet head, where the socket attaches, and sockets in this tool set have go-thru designs, allowing the user to work on any length fastener without the need to have deep sockets on hand.
The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ mechanics tool set also contains a hollow-shaft driver handle that adapts to the task at hand, allowing the user to work in even the tightest of spaces. It can be used with the ¼-inch drive go-thru sockets or with the included extension bar, providing the option of using the driver as either a standard (seven inch) or stubby driver (four inch). The driver has a polypropylene/nylon handle molded over the shaft for increased flexibility and clearance.
The MAX AXESS™ ratchets are also up to 45 percent stronger than Craftsman's most popular ratchet and have a contoured, full polished handle to support the hands while applying torque.
Each set comes complete with adapters, which allows the use of the included ratchet with any standard ¼-inch and 3/8-inch sockets and accessories they may already have.
The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ mechanics tool set includes 42 sockets, one hollow driver handle, two ratchets, one go-thru adapter, two extension bars and three standard socket adapters.
All Craftsman hand tools have a lifetime warranty. The Craftsman 51-piece MAX AXESS™ mechanics tool set will be available in June at Craftsman.com and Sears stores nationwide and will retail for $69.99.
For more than 80 years, Craftsman has developed innovative products. Craftsman was ranked as the most trusted Hand Tool brand and Lawn Mower brand in the 2010 Popular Mechanics Readers' Choice Awards. For more information, log on to www.craftsman.com or www.facebook.com/craftsman.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.