Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7.0 lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Type:||D grip|
|Blade Type:||Jig saw|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||3|
|Toolless Blade Change:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Powerful 5.0 AMP, permanently sealed 100% ball bearing motor provides 800-3000 SPM. Variable speed dial allows for proper selection of the motor speed for the material being cut. Ample power to cut or plunge through soft and hard woods a like. A flip of the switch allows for quick adjustment of the pitch to the blade, to control the amount of orbiting action, detents securely lock the selection in position. Choose from fast, low or smooth for variety of wood or metal surfaces to be cut. Robust design and oversized cast aluminum shoe is light weight, yet strong. Plastic resin sole resists from scratching the work surface. Blade support roller keeps the blade straight, free from twisting and extends blade life. Dual beveling table tilts 0-45 to the left and right of the blade. The shoes oversized work surface is 27% larger and provides increased stability over steel. Revamped D grip handle with soft grip reduces vibration and user fatigue. Extended trigger switch allows for one or two finger placement on the trigger allowing a variety of gripping positions to match the needs of the job. The constant ON button enables the motor to be ran for extended use. Extended blade stroke enhances cutting capacity and allows more teeth per inch to pass through the material to provides a smoother, more refined finished cut. Redesigned cast aluminum lower gear box housing is lightweight and powerful. Machined gear box provides efficient power transfer to the blade. Blade clamp allows for quick change of either U or T shank blades. Simply rotate the blade collet, insert the blade and release collet. Choose the vacuum mode to extract the sawdust or light debris through the dust ports and into a wet/dry vacuum to quickly remove from the work surface.
- Includes Jig Saw, 2 Blades, Hex Key, 1 1/4 Vac Adapter and Soft Case
- 5.0 AMP, 800-3000 SPM, Variable Speed Craftsman Motor
- 3 Position Orbital Blade Selection
- Cast Aluminum Shoe, Resin Shoe and Blade Support Roller and Dual Beveling
- Ergonomic D Handle with Soft Grip and 2 position Trigger Switch with Constant ON Button
- Large 11/16-Inch Blade Stroke
- Die Cast Aluminum Lower Gear Box Housing with Machined Gear Box
- Tool-Less Blade Change
- Integrated Vacuum Dust Ports
- 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I work in a live theatre where they put on plays. I make sets and props this saw is definitely the best jigsaw on the market but just like other tool it is only as good as its owner it should not jump all over the place only if user does not hold wood or whatever down but that is for any saw. I used it for making 4 thrones these are smooth to the touch not much sanding need .
We have not yet used the jig saw, but in the past we have had good experiences with craftsman products. We hope craftsman will keep up to its promise of quality this time as well. we also bought the palm sander, hoping we made good choices.
Essex Junction, VT
Wanted to replace my jig saw that broke this summer. Looked in the box stores (***** & **********) but all of theirs were much larger and heavier than my old one. Finally I found one at Sears that is the nice light, compact one I was looking for. Works great.
Baxter Springs, KS
I bought this item for my husband as a gift. After researching several models and reading the reviews I picked this one because it was a Craftsman and felt it would be very dependable.
Used this saw to make several cuts in base board and trimming. I've also made a few plywood cuts, and done some minor scroll work with the saw. It works great, plenty of power and it's easy to control. I would recommend purchasing the 10 pc. craftsman blade set along with the saw since the included 2 blades are rough cut wood & metal. Selective orbital action is also a great feature.
Vero Beach, FL
Windsor Heights, IA
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Portable Power Specialty Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.
- Get an EXTRA 5% off when you use your Sears card to purchase select items Sold by Sears Use BONUS5. Offer ends 06-Mar-2014 See details.
- Members earn 10% in points when they use Sears card to purchase select items Sold by Sears, BONUS10 Offer ends 06-Mar-2014 See details.