Specifications & Dimensions
|Overall Dimensions:||4.5 W x 4.38 H in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.17|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Craftsman and most wet/dry vacs with a 2-1/2 in. diameter hose system|
|Dust Hose Diameter:||2-1/2 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
2-1/2-In. Muffler/Diffuser Tackles Two Annoyances At Once
For those who love the power of a wet-dry vacuum but hate the noise and blow back, this Craftsman 2.5 inch muffler diffuser is just the thing. There will be no more blasts of air jetting out of the vacuum's exhaust to blow dust around in one area just as another is cleaned. This handy little add-on ensures that you won't create a mess in one area as you clean up another.
The 2-1/2 inch muffler/diffuser curbs the noise problem, too. It installs quickly and easily - simply insert it into any vacuum with a 2.5-inch exhaust port. At less than a quarter pound in weight, it won't add bulk, keeping the vacuum as easy as ever to maneuver.
- This Craftsman 2.5 inch muffler diffuser is just the thing for those who need the power of a shop vac but want to avoid noise and blow back
- The muffler helps curb the massive flow of air that can exit shop vacs and end of creating more mess as quickly as another one is cleaned up
- The part fits any Craftsman wet/dry vac with a 2.5-inch diameter exhaust port
- The muffler is light weight, at only 0.17 pounds
- It installs with a twist and removes just as easily
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The Craftsman 2 1/2" Muffler/Diffuser is a must for any shop vacuum with a 2 1/2" exhaust/blower port. It quiets the noise of the vac a bit. ( My old ears really can't tell much of a difference), What it really does though is to keep the blower port from blasting a giant jet of air out of the vac. Instead it directs the air to many different directions, thus stopping the distructive force of the rea air jet. This way it is not like having an uncontrolled leaf blower following you around as you are vacuuming the shop floor. I am giving it four stars as it really isn't much of a muffler, the noise level is still obnoxious. If I could I would rate it 4 1/2 stars.
Warner Robins, GA
This doesn't help too much with sound from my experience, but it is amazing for reducing the blower effect. When cleaning up my show the blower effect often pushed around dust that was behind me, meaning that I had to hit some areas twice. This fixes that problem.
Palo Alto, CA
I thought that this was a great idea when I purchased it. However, it is advertised as being a muffler and the noise reduction, which has always been an issue at our house, is minimal if anything at all. I can't hear any difference with or without it on the machine and that's my wife's vote also. The only thing it seems to do is slow the exhaust air flow down slightly.
College Station, TX
Two Rivers, WI
I didn't even know this product existed until I was strolling through my local Sears. This little item has changed my opinion of high powered shop vacs for ever. Quiets and diffuses the air flow from the exhaust, I highly recommend
I have a Craftsman vac 16gal. 6hp. I picked up the muffler yesterday and put it in the vac and with or without the muffler there is no difference in sound or noise....I would like to take it back put store doesn't seem to want to talk about it, so I'm not very happy...
An often overlooked accessory, The propaganda states - "Noise reduction of up to 25%." Who knows, I don't own or feel like borrowing a Digital Sound Meter. I do know that there is a noticeable reduction is the noise level when it is in use versus not in use. You may not care either way, those in the general area while your using the vac will thank you. An additional benefit you'll notice is that since it is inserted into the exhaust port the velocity of the exhaust is greatly reduced. It is well worth the $$'s.
An often overlooked accessory, The propaganda states - "Noise reduction of up to 25%." Who knows, I don't own or feel like borrowing a Digital Sound Meter. I do know that there is a noticeable reduction is the noise level when it is in use versus not in use.
You may not care either way, those in the general area while your using the vac will thank you.
An additional benefit you'll notice is that since it is inserted into the exhaust port the velocity of the exhaust is greatly reduced. It is well worth the $$'s.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.