Craftsman 12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter SawItem# 00918629000 | Model# SM3055RC
|Fence Size (HxL) (In):||5 1/8'' x 9 1/2'' (Left), 4 3/4'' x 9 1/2'' (right)|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||12 15/16 in x 13 1/8 in (diameter)|
|Table Dimensions with Extensions:||44 5/8'' x 13 1/8''|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 0 Bevel:||4 in x 12 1/4 in|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||2 3/16 in x 12 1/4 in|
|Crosscut Capacity - 0 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1 9/16 in x 12 1/4 in|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 0 Bevel:||4 in x 8 3/4 in|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Left Bevel:||2 3/16 in x 8 3/4 in|
|Crosscut Capacity - 45 Miter 45 Right Bevel:||1 9/16 in x 8 3/4 in|
|Fence Type:||Dual sliding|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||57.42|
|Package Contents:||Intregrated Laser Guide, Dust Chute, Dust Collection, Blade Wrench|
|Preset Miter Angle Detents (Deg):||0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 L&R, 60 R|
|Quick Release Vise:||No|
|Type:||Sliding compound miter|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Blade Diameter (In):||12|
|Motor Brushes:||Consumer replaceable|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Arbor Size:||5/8 in. w/ 1 in. collar|
|Miter Index:||0-45 deg. left and 0-60 deg. right|
|Bevel Index:||0, 33.9 and 45 degress L&R|
|Blade Bevel Range:||0 to 47 deg L&R|
|Cut Depth At 90 Degrees:||4 x 12-1/4 in.|
|Miter Detents:||0, 15, 22-1/2, 31.6,45, and 60 deg. right|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
12-in. Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Delivers Precise Power
For moulding, baseboards or framing, the Craftsman 12-in. dual bevel sliding compound miter saw lets you make sure your cuts are right and your angles are tight for a range of woodworking projects. Handy to have at home and tough and accurate enough for the job, this saw lets you work precisely and fast. The saw has a tall, sliding fence that supports the wood, plus extension tables on either side with stop blocks you can set up for repetitive cuts.
The 12-in. dual bevel sliding compound miter saw lets you make miter and bevel adjustments from the front and then lock them in. Craftsman's Laser Trac system lets you check for accuracy before you cut, while the 60-tooth carbide blade zips through wood, plastics and compounds with ease.
- The Craftsman 12-in. dual bevel sliding compound miter saw gives you the precision and power you need for making fine cuts, as well as the speed you want to make the work go faster
- Kit includes a blade and wrench, dust bag and chute, integrated laser guide, clamp and manual
- Motor: 15 amp, 120 volts, 4,200 RPM
- Size: 60-tooth carbide tipped 12 in. blade
- Dual sliding fence is 5 x 4.75
- Extendable extension tables
- Laser Trac system lets you check the cut before you start, ensuring accurate compound, bevel, miter and cross cuts
- Miter and bevel angle locks
- Miter cuts up to 47 degrees left and 60 degrees right, with 10 stops
- Bevel cuts up to 47 degrees left and right, with five positive stops in each direction
- Arbor size: 5/8 in.
- Weight: 66.2 lbs.
Added on May 30, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
After purchasing this saw I can tell you it is worth every penny. I had the 10" craftsman that comes with the cheap metal stand and it did an ok job, but this saw does it all and after calibrating the blade it is very precise and make my projects much easier and they look more professional because of the accuracy.
I've had this saw for about 5 years. Actual use has been minimal. Used in small projects. Overall it has probably made 200 cuts. While I was making a cut yesterday the trigger handle broke off in the middle of a cut. No injuries but it was close. It is hard to find non Chinese built products these days but in the future I will strive to find them.
Great Value compared to other top brands with big price tags...Very little assembly required...Cuts great, Laser worked great and saved time... Very satisfied!
The dual bevel is very convenient, and the 60 degree miter is nice too. The laser is a big hard to see in daylight, and its easy to saw right through the fence if you're not careful. Overall I'm very happy with it.
I am very impressed with this machine. One problem that I found is that you cannot rely on the dust collector bag. I attached my Craftsman Vac and resolved the issue.
THIS REPLACED A 12 SLIDING SINGLE BEVEL DEWALT I WAS NOT SURE I WOULD BE HAPPY AFTER USING MY NEW CRAFTSMAN I AM LOVING IT EASIER TO ADJUST AND BETTER BALANCED TO CARRY DUAL SLIDE BARS MAKE BLADE MORE STABLE FOR BETTER QUALITY CUTS
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.