Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||22|
|Amps:||Dash for COMPARES & UNKNOWNS|
|Eye Shield Type:||Clear|
|Grinder Size:||6 in.|
|Disc Wheel Diameter:||6 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
6-Inch Grinder with Lamp is Designed for Easy Grinding Precision
The Craftsman 1/6-HP 6-inch bench grinder with lamp features thin-line motor housing for easy grinding of longer materials and a large, independently-operable lamp for lighting both set up and grinding operations. Whether you're a homeowner who simply enjoys tackling do-it-yourself projects and small repair jobs in your spare time or you're a full-time construction worker with a commercial workshop, this bench grinder is a great addition to any work space.
The 6-inch grinder with lamp includes one 36-grit and one 60-grit wheel. These tools can take on a wide variety of projects. Thanks to the large, cast iron base, vibration is minimal. You get a peace of mind knowing that the bench has optimal stability, even during labor intensive jobs, as well as safe operation, thanks to the wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports. This bench grinder is an ideal size to fit into many workshops with ease.
- Make grinding jobs more simple with the Craftsman 1/6-HP 6 in. bench grinder with lamp
- 6 in. grinder disc wheel
- Thin-line motor housing allows for easy, long material grinding
- Large lamp with independent operation illuminates set up and grinding tasks
- Lighted on/off rocker switch
- Two wheels: 36-grit and 60-grit to tackle a wide range of projects
- Sizable, cast iron base for reduced vibration and heightened stability
- Wide, clear eye shields with sturdy spark guard supports for safe operation
- Measures 19.3 in. L x 10.2 in. W x 9.3 in. H
- Weighs 22 lbs.
- Includes a general 1-year warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
New Stanton, PA
Perfect for do-it-yourselfers and small garages. Plenty of power and does a great job! Only thing that could make this any better is if it came with a wire wheel for one of the sides.
This is what I was looking for. The grinder is exactly as I hoped it would be. Used it a few times so far and has the power that was needed for the job. Didn't try the light yet.
Debated between this or the dewalt for $100, decided on this because I don't often need a grinder. I bought this to grind down and shape 2 M10 bolts to make camshaft locking pins. I didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised, it did not bog down at all, and shaped the bolts very well. I question ever needing any more power for my needs. Its very balanced and does not vibrate or move even when unmounted. The negatives: Takes 7-8sec to come up to speed, the base is not solid, its a cheap hollow piece of metal with a plastic bottom, only a 1yr warranty (even the cheapest ********** and ***** grinders have 3yrs), the build quality isn't very good, when installing the guards and pieces I had to bend them while adjusting the screws to get them strait, still aren't perfect. All this being said, $45 is the cheapest new grinder you can find and if you are like me and won't need it much, it does the job. Also the craftsman stock wheels are better quality than the big box store grinders (skil, ryobi)
Slightly out of balance, asymetrical rotation, don't think it will last forever but it might surprise me and last a few years. I bought the 3 year warranty because it doesn't have balanced rotation, my old grinder was american made, had balanced rotation, and lasted for over 40 years.
Although I already had an older bench grinder, I liked the inclusion of a work light on this one, and decided to purchase it. Guess I should have paid more attention to the 1/6 HP rating, and might have realized this motor is sized like a toy compared to my older grinder. Hopefully it will handle my routine grinding needs, and if I have some heavy duty grinding to do I will revert to my old grinder.
Las Vegas, NV
I bought this recently because I've been needing one. I got a $10 off $30 or more coupon for my bday, that along with the sale price and a $4 rewards credit made this grinder around $35 out the door. Hard to beat that price! It's a nice, smooth, and quiet little grinder. It's also a great size, doesn't take up too much space on the workbench, compared to my old 8 inch grinder. I would have given it 5 stars if it were made anywhere other than China. Who knows how long it will last, but it is nice for the money. The tool rests are also a little cheap feeling, cast aluminum. Overall, I give it 4 stars and I'm happy with it!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears. Offer ends 06-Dec-2013 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.