Specifications & Dimensions
|Adjustable Speed Dial:||Yes|
|Eye Shield Type:||Clear|
|Grinder Size:||6 in.|
|Disc Wheel Diameter:||6 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Perform All Kinds of Grinding and Sharpening Jobs with Variable Speed 6" Grinding Center
Craftsman variable speed 6" grinding center offers lots of versatility for grinding and sharpening operations. It features variable speed control from 2000 up to 3450 RPM for a wide range of tasks. The quick change wheel guards let you swap out wheels in a few seconds, and thin-line motor housing allows for easy grinding of longer materials.
The variable speed 6" grinding center comes with a large flexible worklight that operates separately from grinding operations. It comes with one grinding and one wire wheel for maximum versatility. The large adjustable tool rests have a patented attachment for accurate bit sharpening. The water cooling tray prevents overheating, and the large oversized cast iron base reduces vibration and provides stability. The grinding center comes with wide clear eye shields and sturdy spark guards.
- Craftsman variable speed 6" grinding center has everything needed for a variety of grinding and sharpening tasks
- Variable speed control from 2000 to 3450 RPM
- Quick change wheel guards
- Thin line motor housings provides easy grinding of longer materials
- Handheld wheel dresser
- Water cooling tray prevents overheating
- Flexible worklight that works independently from grinder
- Adjustable tools rests and patented attachment for accurate bit sharpening
- Water cooling tray prevents overheating
- Large cast iron base provides stability and minimizes vibration
- Comes with wide clear eye shields and sturdy spark guards
- 2 Amp motor
- Dimensions are 15 in. L x 12.6 in. W x 12.2 in. H
- Craftsman quality workmanship and materials
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I spent over an hour cleaning rust off tools after setting the bench grinder up. The variable speed feature is cool and the weight of the unit makes it wery solid even before I mounted it to the bench top. The grinding wheels and brushes are very easy to change out and the flexible lamp is very helpful. I would strongly recommend the Bench Grinder.
Falling Waters, WV
I built a stand and mounted this in my DIY shop and it works great. I've used the grinder a few times, and the brush multiple times to clan up some tarnished cabinet handles. They both work great. I like var. speed control for various metals. Thanks Craftsman!
This grinder does a nice job for me! Gets the lawn mower blade back to sharp, puts a nice edge on garden hoe's & shovels. I've had no issues with the wheel brush, as others have claimed. Used it for cleaning off rust and grunge on lawn mower blades and garden tools with no issues. Unit does have some vibration, so may have to loosen wheels and move them around abit to balance the unit out better. This did cause the light bulb to go out, but I was using a standard house bulb. Switching to a heavy duty(mechanic's style) bulb should resolve that. This grinder also comes with a wheel dresser and a jig to sharpen drill bits with, which I have not tried yet. Over all, I'm quite pleased with this grinder
West Henrietta, NY
Great grinder. I'm not a professional, just a weekend garage warrior. I mounted this to a wood work bench. There is not any vibration and runs smooth. The only down side is the wire wheel that came with it, it seems cheap and falls apart when cleaning tools. Easy fix. All in all love it.
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my husband. He loves the Variable Speed that this offers. He has used it a few times for light buffing, and looks forward to using it to its full potential with some of his upcoming summer projects.
After buying this grinder I knew I made a mistake. It works fine on light duty projects but with only slight pressure on the wire brush or grinding wheel you can actually bring it to a dead stop. The bench light is a nice idea but the vibration from the grinder shakes the filaments loose in any light bulb you put in it and burns it out quickly. When I buy another grinder in the future and I will, it will certainly have more power.
Morgan Hill, CA
Can't beat the price for what you get here. We've had many other bench top grinders in the past and this one knocks the others out of the park so to speak. Can't go wrong with Craftsman!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.