Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||5.0 lbs.|
Ratings & Reviews
Sand, Cut, Buff and Do Much More With the 2-Amp Multi-tool From Craftsman
With a powerful 2.0 Amp motor and a compact frame, theCraftsman 1-Amp Compact Multi-Tool is the perfect tool for heavy duty jobs and adding finishing touches. This tool is very easy to use with its ergonomically designed frame that makes it lightweight and eases fatigue with a soft grip handle. Another user-friendly feature is the LED work light that aids your work in low-visibility areas. Keep the work area clean and free of debris with the vacuum attachment.
The2 Amp Multi-Tool motor is paired with the variable speeds of 11,000-19,000 oscillations per minute. This wide range allows you to adjust speeds for cutting through different materials like wood and drywall. The speed dial is located conventionally on the back to change speeds as you work. Choose this compact powerhouse to complete a variety of cutting, sanding and buffing jobs with one tool.
- The Craftsman 2-Amp Compact Multi-Tool is a versatile item for professional and household jobs.
- Ergonomic design keeps tool compact and lightweight.
- Includes Multi-Tool, 1 Sanding Base Plate, 1 Straight Edge Cutting Blade, 1 Circular Cutting Blade, 1 Circular Grout Disc, 1 Triangular Grout Disc, 1 Scraping Blade, 3 sheets of 60, 20 and 180 Grit Sandpaper, Hex Wrench, VacAdapter, and Storage Case for a wide range of applications.
- The unique oscillating arbor system swings the tool attachment at a 1.4 angle and a radius of 2.8 of oscillation for precision.
- Motor Type: 2.0 AMP AC/DC Motor.
- 1 year limited warranty from Craftsman.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We are building a new deck and we needed to cut back some of the vinyl siding. If you've ever had to cust siding you know how tough that stuff is! We tried a hack saw and a reciprocating saw but none worked like I thought it should so I went to Sears to see what I could find and this was it.
Like a hot knife through soft butter this thing went through the siding! We had our cuts done in no time and were back on track! While this is just one use for this tool I'm sure we will come up with a lot more in the near future!
I haven't used it a lot, but it did come in handy in a tight spot when I had to cut some wire shelving. Worked really well and quite quickly. Basically, it does what you ask of it.
Saint James, NY
I had this for a little over a year when the motor started to have issues and then stopped working completely. Keep your recipt. It was never abused. Wood Magazine had this tool as their top value pick and thats why i bought it. Good value if you want to throw $80 in the trash. Cant even trust the pros anymore.
I used this tool several times over a year. Just like any multi-tool it can in extremely handy for odd cuts and sanding operations. Using the allen wrench to change the tools is a pain. I've used others that have quick release tools and they are much more convenient. I only had this tool for less than a year before the motor developed a flat spot and stopped working. Sears would not replace it because I didn't have the original receipt (which is understandable) and I ended up throwing it out. I did not replace it with a craftsman tool.
I use it for a year or so. Have a lot of good words about this tool. Helped me in cutting copper, 2x4 studs, PVC, drywall, laminate flooring and kitchen cabinets. Tried to use it for sanding wood several times but any orbital sander is times more efficient. P.S. Comes with a handy carrying bag.
Mount Jewett, PA
I've used it twice. It is something that should have been made many years ago.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
New Orleans, LA
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 5/22/13. Offer ends 22-May-2013 See details.