Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed forever|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||9.81|
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||56|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Bits:||10|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||1|
|Number of Hex Keys:||11|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||1|
|Number of Sockets:||18|
|Number of Wrenches:||14|
|Drive Size:||3/8 in.|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
Get the Job Done with the 56-Piece Universal Mechanics Tool Set
You will always be ready to do your best work with the Craftsman 56-piece universal mechanics tool set. Whether you are tightening or replacing your bolts, this 56-piece set has just the tool you need to get the job done quickly and correctly every time you reach under the hood. All 56 pieces come organized and protected in the signature Craftsman sturdy and durable lightweight red case.
Inside the handy carrying case you will find the 56-piece universal mechanics tool set that includes both US customary units and metric units. In the universal tool set you will find nine customary sockets and nine metric sockets, a 3/8-inch drive ratchet, seven customary and seven metric wrenches, a 3-inch socket extension, a magnetic screwdriver socket with ten screwdriver bits and eleven customary measure hex keys.
- The full Craftsman 56-piece universal mechanics tool set delivers black oxide protected tools offering better gripping ability
- Signature quick-release ratchet lets you change out sockets quickly and easily; it features the 45 durable teeth for cranking and fluidity while the ratchet turns on a mere 8 degrees allowing you to work in the tightest of spots with ease
- With a 15-degree offset, the combination wrenches gives you added torque with every turn
- Built to last, the 56-piece mechanics tool set is backed by the incredible Craftsman lifetime warranty
Added on August 29, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
El Paso, TX
You just can't go wrong with Craftsman. By far, this tool set is the toughest looking. I love the black color. I would even go as far to say that this tool set is made tougher. I highly recommend this tool set. I'm a Craftsman guy and to this date I have not had a tool break. (I'm a moderate tool user.)
San Jose, CA
My favorite set of hand tools to use. Open ended and box combination makes this set flexible to use for many things. I recently used them to assemble a Char Broil Grill. Had everything I needed and got into some tight spaces with ease. Grips nuts and bolts firmly, no slip. Feel great in your hands, also no slip.
I bought this tool set about a year ago to keep in my truck, yesterday I used the 5/16 for the first time. I stripped the socket out on the 3rd screw I used it on and the closed end of the box wrench lasted 2 more, then the open end gave way on the next screw. I was only reversing the doors on a refrigerator. I finally went back to the traditional Craftsman chrome wrenches that I have used for years and had no problems. I wish I could return this, if you plan on using it to get you out of trouble on the side of the road, don't you'll probably be stuck! Oh yeah they have a guarantee, but you have to return them every time you turn 2-3 screws.
West Milford, NJ
I purchased this item for my husband and at first glance he liked them. Once he had to put them to use he realized that it's an incomplete set and the thick walls of the sockets makes them difficult to use when trying to get them in tight spots while working on vehicles. He does like the look of them and has put them through tough use and says they seem to be heavy duty. He also likes the case as it makes it convenient to put in his truck and take to a job site. I was glad I got them on a 50% off sale because they aren't worth the regular price.
San Antonio, TX
Stafford Springs, CT
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 30-Aug-2014 See details.