Craftsman AssureLink™ Internet Connected DC Chain Drive Garage Door Opener - No Annual Fees, Free App DownloadItem# 00930437000 | Model# 30437
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|General Warranty:||10 Year Limited Motor/2 Year Limited Parts|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.75|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||No|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Experience ultimate control and peace of mind with the Internet-Connected Garage Door Opener. No Annual Fees and Free App Download!
The Craftsman AssureLink™ Garage Door Opener brings mobile communication to one of the main entrances of your home. Are you away and can’t remember if the garage door is open or closed? Ever accidentally leave the garage door open? Now you can monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere. Using the Craftsman AssureLink* mobile app on your smartphone, tablet or portable computing device, you can control your garage door via the Internet and get better peace of mind.
The Internet Connected Garage Door Opener is designed for the 21st century homeowner. Best of all, you don't need to add more devices to your growing collection. It's compatible with many already existing technologies, like MyQ™ home activation products or in-vehicle HomeLink® remote control systems. Most importantly, this garage door opener is bundled with several security and safety features. The PosiLock® theft protection system securely locks the garage door to prevent intruders from entering. And the Protector System® sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
DC Motor with Soft Start-Stop
- Provides smooth, ultra quiet operation of the opener. Ideal for garages with living areas nearby.
- The chain is rugged and industrial-strength to insure years of dependable performance.
Craftsman AssureLink Internet Gateway
- Allows you to monitor and operate your garage door from anywhere with your internet-enabled smartphone, cell phone, laptop, or tablet via the free Craftsman AssureLink mobile app or web-interface.
- Perfect for those times when you are away from home and can’t remember if you have closed your garage door.
- Allows you to provide access to your home (via garage door) as needed for family, friends, deliveries, etc. when you aren’t at home.
Premium Motion Detecting Wall Console
- Operates the opener from inside the garage
- Allows for easy programming of remotes, keypads, and light and lock settings through buttons on the control panel
- Turns on the opener lights when movement is sensed
- This feature (built into the wall console) may be quickly programmed to automatically close the garage door after 1, 5, or 10 minutes.
- Ensures the highest level of safety, the garage door opener lights will flash and a warning alarm will sound when closing the door through the AssureLink Gateway or the Timer-to-Close feature alerting anyone in the area is notified that the door is closing.
Tri-Frequency Radio System
- Multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- Automatic sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power when the opener is not in use making the unit more environmentally friendly.
Automatic Force Settings
- The opener automatically monitors, sets and adjusts (as needed) the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
Push Button Electronic Limits
- Easier than old-style screw terminals for setting the optimal open or close travel distance of your garage door.
MyQ™ Technology Compatible
- This unit is compatible with other home activation products enabled with MyQ technology.
- Compatible with the in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information)
Quick Install Rail System
- Provides faster and easier installation. The rail assembles in 60 seconds.
- Safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets project an invisible light beam across the garage door opening and automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object
- Theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage
Anti-burglary Coding Technology
- Assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used
Included in the box:
- Power unit, wall console, safety sensors, rail, hardware, owner’s manual
- Two (2) 3-function remotes, perfect for multi-car families
- One (1) Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN. Includes the convenient one button to close feature.
- AssureLink Gateway
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for 8’ (9-53726) and 10’ (9-53727) doors are available.
10-year Limited Motor Warranty
2-year Limited Parts Warranty
Added on September 01, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this garage door opener and really love it. With the belt drive, it is so quiet compared to my old chain drive. It does work on the internet but you have to download the app for iPhones and Androids onlyso you can open and close your garage door from anywhere.. The Blackberry does not offer this app but you can use your home computer to still access your garage door. The one problem with the app is it doesn't have a 'remember me.' So you constantly have to log in with your email address and your password. I am not the best typer on my iPhone.
Now regarding the HomeLink Remote problem, I called HomeLink because I too couldn't get my car's homelink button to work. Sears, LiftMaster, and Chamerlain have changed their internal security to a new security feature called + 2.0. It will not work on most cars. But, if you call HomeLink at 1-800-355-3515, they will UPS you out a 'repeater kit' for free. You only have to pay $7 for shipping.
You plug the repeater into an electrical outlet in your garage. The repeater comes with a remote controller which is separate from the repeater. You program the remote controller by using the Lean Button off your garage door opener head, just like you would program any remote. Once the remote has learned the code, go to your car, make sure you DELETE your old code first. Then you can program the new controller that was sent with the repeater kit to your car. Then it should work fine. Also now you have an extra remote which is nice. You will not need that remote anymore for your own car. You must always leave the repeater plug in and that will remain in your garage.
I hope this is helped. Also, if someone from Craftsman is reading this, please add a 'remember me' so when I log into the internet I don't have to keep typing in my email address and password all the time. That's a PAIN!!!
The garage door opener itself is outstanding. The quality is amazing as are most things Craftsman but it also has an phone app I can manage from my phone that can allow me to shut the garage door, if left open, from anywhere. That safety feature alone is worth buying this. The downside. While I was installing it I forgot to make time for my fantasy football team. By the time I checked it was too late. It was already 4:27. Unfortunately I forgot to start C.J. Spiller for Zac Stacy. Had I started Spiller I would have beat my opponent by 2 points. But I digress. My point is this garage door opener is a real winner but never get too busy for fantasy football.
I thought this was going to be a noisy GDO because of the chain, but it is smooth and quiet. You will need some help, and possibly extra hanging bars. Good Price for this product, I have not tried the Home Link, yet.
Putting all components together was easy and did not take a lot of time. Once I made some minor adjustments to the settings the system worked perfectly and is very quiet.
I bought this item to replace my old chain unit, wanting something quieter, and having the Assurelink technology. Well it sounded great, but after I got it home and installed, I found out that the Assurelink is only free for the first year. (After that, $20 per year) If I would have known that before my purchase, I would have purchased a Chamberlain, which has free lifetime MyQ technology, as well as a lifetime warranty on the motor and belt. Craftsman, which is made by Chamberlain, only warranties those components for 10 yrs. So come on Sears? What happened to you? Your business model is not working anymore. Get with the program.
San Ramon, CA
Got this after my old 10yr craftsman gave out. This is 100% quieter and has 3 great features; 1 - motion detector turns on light when entering garage; 2- If the door is open and not activity, in 10 minutes it will automatically shut the door; 3-Assurelink-smartphone verify, open, or close the door- best feature if you constantly wonder if you closed the door. --The bad - remote will not sync with BMW homelink. Now I just use the smartphone app.
This opener is very quiet for a chain door opener. We didn't think we would like all the high-tech features of it, like the wireless opening capability but we've come to really appreciate it. Opens our solid metal door with no problems. Installation was somewhat challenging because we do not have high garage ceilings, but we got it to work and are very glad with our purchase and would buy it again.
Oak Creek, WI
Received this as a gift for xmas. We live in Wisconsin so didn't install it right away due to our climate. Our ancient garage door opener clicker finally broke so Memorial Day weekend my husband and his friend had decided to install it brand new out of the box. After everything and installation he finally went to plug it in and it would not work. The lights on it would not even light up. Since it was a holiday weekend, nothing could be done. My husband called the next business day and made an appointment and that person was not available to come out to assess the problem for 11 days. He told us the circuit board was shot and needed to order parts. It took a week for the parts to come in and then he had to call and make another appointment for them to come out and install it-again, not available for another 10 days. Meanwhile me and my infant can't park in our garage and this is horrible customer service and warranty for a BRAND new item just because it exceeded the 90 warranty
Saint Michael, MN
This is a great opener even without using the AssureLink feature. Has a lot better range than the Red Sears opener and is 10 times quieter. Highly recommend.
You might have to buy a repeater unit ($50.00) if your car has either a Homelink or Lear Car2u system in it. I was told if it did not work the way it was just take it down and return it!! Also in the fine print it has that the "No annual Fees" to use the smart phone app is just for 1 year!!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Bought this garage door opener a couple of weeks ago and had one of the Sears Install Technicians perform the work. It only worked for a couple of days correctly. It only works when it wants to. I advise not buying this product. Craftsman has really gone down hill. My father has had a Sears garage door opener for over 10 years and it works fine. A huge disappointment. No wonder Sears is going out of business.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.