Specifications & Dimensions
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||182|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Additional Tools:||2|
|Number of Bits:||21|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||3|
|Number of Hex Keys:||40|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||3|
|Number of Sockets:||99|
|Number of Wrenches:||14|
|Drive Size:||1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 in.|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Deep and standard|
|Socket Points:||6 & 12|
Ratings & Reviews
182-Piece Mechanics' Tool Set with Three-Drawer Chest: Everything in One Box
The Craftsman name has been associated with excellence in hand tools for decades, and this Craftsman 182-piece mechanics' tool set with three-drawer chest stays true to that reputation. Whether you just started building your tool collection or are tired of constantly searching for the right tool, you won't find a better way to get all the Craftsman basics. This set features sockets, drivers, combination wrenches, hex keys and more in a wide range of sizes, in both SAE and metric measurements.
The most convenient component of this 182-piece mechanics' tool set with 3-drawer chest is the custom-built toolbox. It features heavy-duty construction, high-quality drawers and a hinged top with storage area. Every piece of the set has a specific place it belongs, saving you time when you no longer have to search for tools. Chrome-plated alloy steel tools are built to last a lifetime so this is the last set of basic tools you'll ever need.
- There are 99 sockets in this Craftsman 182-piece mechanics' tool set with 3-drawer chest, including both six-point and 12-point styles
- Three driver sizes ensure that you get the right amount of torque for every job
- Hex keys and combination wrenches combine with the sockets to ensure you can work with any fastener you encounter
- Ideal for a car kit, home toolbox or travel set so you're never without essential tools
- Double metal clasps and a heavy-duty carry handle help guard against accidental spills
- Toolbox with three drawers keeps a specific place for each and every tool, saving you time and frustration every time you need them
- Backed by Craftsman's forever guarantee, so they'll either last forever or you'll get a new one that will
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is a great tool set for the home mechanic. It met my expectations for basic car repair stuff. The plastic inserts aren't that great, but the tools are just fine and easy to clean. For the price, this is a good set.
Tradition tool set from craftsman are always nice. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the amount of cheap plastic being used for the box and drawers but I only paid around $125 on sale price so can't complain. I'm happy overall.
This is a solid starter set for anyone working on cars, tractors or even just as a homeowners foundation set. It includes 1/4, 3/8, 1/2 drive ratchets with an excellent assortment of sockets for each, as well as nut drivers, screw bits, and combination wrenches. All with the money back Craftsman guarantee.
We purchased three of these sets plus some other tools to replace worn out tools on three of our fire trucks. Items arrived in good time and good condition. When we opened the chests we found the hex keys in bags and not in holders. We were expecting them to be in holders like all the hex sets sold at Sears. We contacted Sears and were told this is the way they came in this kit. When we inquired about purchasing just the holders we were told they were not available. So we are now searching ****** and other places for holders because hex keys in a bag are not worthwhile when you're trying to free someone from a machine and have to search for hex keys. Secondly the tools are decent quality but we expected the tool holders to be more robust. These sets will be on vehicles and they will be subject to road conditions and we feel the current holders will not keep them in place. We are considering buying other tool holders and scraping the inserts. So in the end a decent set, but several disappointments and omissions that should be resolved.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 04-Oct-2014 See details.