Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.88|
Ratings & Reviews
Consolidate Wrenches with this 8 in. Max Axess Locking Wrench
The Craftsman 8 in. Max Axess locking wrench does the job of 14 wrenches from 1/2 to 3/4 inches and 12 to 20mm. You get a custom grip with this versatile wrench, and you get the benefit of taking one wrench with you rather than a handful. This one wrench is responsible for freeing up your tool chest or tool bag for other items. This adaptable custom locking wrench will soon be your favorite wrench because it uses six steel blocks that slip nicely into place around both nuts and bolts.
This 8 in. Max Axess locking wrench adapts and adjusts with little effort to a wide range of fastener sizes and shapes for use on many different projects. It also grips fasteners on all sides, which helps to prevent the rounding effect no one wants. The secure locking feature provides more torque for more user-generated power.
- The Craftsman 8 in. Max Axess locking wrench replaces 14 different sized wrenches because it is adjustable
- The sturdy, dual-material ergonomically-designed handle cushions your hand and also helps prevent slippage
- Once your wrench is securely in place, each block locks ensuring a close-to-perfect fit
- The fastener scale offers you the ability to make accurate, quick and convenient adjustments tailored to each job's specifications
- By using this adjustable locking wrench you free up a great deal of space for other tools or items you need to carry with you to the job
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 10, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is the opposite of "the right tool for the right job". However, this is a nice tool to throw into your "go" bag so you can cover multiple sizes. Obviously, because of its design, you will need more clearance than single size or adjustable wrenches. This tool falls into the category of "nice to have" rather than "must have".
I was very excited when I got this. It seems well built and adjusts on the fly. So a few days after getting it I had a bolt to remove while doing some work on my furnace. Here was my chance to see it in action, but the space did not have the clearance to fit the tool around the bolt. A few days later another situation when I was adjusting the height on my snowblower. It wasn't even close to having enough space to fit around the bolt. After that I threw it in the trash without having once used it. I don't have patience for tools that dont pull their weight and just take up space. A good old fashioned box wrench does the trick.
Flat Rock, MI
You don't even know how many times I needed a tool like this before. I seen it on sale around Christmas and just had to buy it. Craftsman is the only way to go!
I bought this for my husband as a gift. I thought it would be great to use for different sizes of tightening needs. It works good if you have the clearance to use it. The head of this tool is too bulky for working in a tight space.
Mount Holly, NJ
I love this wrench. It is so flexible with it's options and can do a lot of jobs that would otherwise take a lot of different wrench. I would recommend it!
Lenoir City, TN
South Yarmouth, MA
These wrenches are so versatile you won't need a tool box full. They are great as you can ether squeeze them for quick use, or lock them for extended use so you won't lose your grip. I bought four sets of the 6 and 8 inch wrenches for myself and my three adult sons.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.