Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt-Out Set Gets Stuck Fasteners Moving
Designed to get the job back on track when bolts get stuck, this set delivers the grip and strength of hardened steel. Whether you’re working with a break bar, ratchet or wrench, it gives you a choice between a 3/8 inch drive end and an external hex, so no matter the angle you’re working at, you can get that fastener unstuck. Machined with a six-flute helical design, it digs into bolts delivering a solid, high torque grip, while the included punch clears each bolt-out when the job is done. A small addition to your kit that puts an end to job halting stripped bolts, add it to your arsenal before you take on the next gig, and get it done with Craftsman.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #2 (8 mm. & 5/16 in.), #4 (10 mm. & 3/8 in.), #5 (11 mm. & 7/16 in.), #6 (12 mm.) and #7 (13 mm. & 1/2 in.) removers, a punch and blow molded case
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps the set organized
- Internal 3/8 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Punch clears Bolt-Out, so it’s ready for the next job
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Expanded case allows the addition of filler set #52061
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was recently removing the water pump off of our classic Firebird when I noted a damaged bolt that my wrench just would not fit on. It looked like someone had taken a pair of locking pliers to it, you know what that looks like!
Anyways, I brought out this set which I bought for just this kind of incident and the bolt came right out without any fuss! Well worth the $15 price tag!
Just a note: I used one of my extractors for the 1st time a couple of days ago. It didn't take the bolt out and was ruined in the process. It seems the metal is quite soft. I've used other brands of these extractors before and haven't had any issues.
When I went to the store today I found that there is NO warranty on them at all. Buyer beware. I'm happy I didn't pay too much for them, but wouldn't have spent my money if I knew how poorly they would work.
San Juan, TX
The craftsman damaged bolt/nut remover set works very well and has plenty of "grip" on stripped bolt heads. It works just as good on broken bolts. Make sure you do not over hammer them into place, or you will have a very difficult time separating the remover from the bolt. I highly recommend this tool to anyone who works on old/classic cars.
This tool came in real handy for restoring a64 mustang this tool took all the rusty bolts out with ease with out alot of chemicals and no effort and with the sears name it good for life
My husband is always working on something that deals with nuts and bolts and sooner or later, one of them is either stripped or broken off. Well, here is just what your mechanic needs!
This item was just what i need to get the job done. If you are having trouble with getting stuck or damaged nus and bolts out this is the tool for you. It was easy to work with.
You can beat on these and they always seem to welcome the abuse. They are really amazing for the money. This is something that everybody really needs to have a set of sitting in your box. Most homeowners encounter stripped bolt fairly regularly.
Very happy with the purchase. Originally bought the set with larger sizes for a project. Worked so well, I bought this smaller size set. Now I have a tidy box that holds all ten removers. Excellent Purchase.
I purchased this damaged bolt/nut remover set simply because of its cost.the price couldn't be beat at $9.99 :) The included hard case is very nice. it's not the best damaged bolt remover but it will get most bolts removed.it will definetly work on bolts that aren't permanently seized in place. Its worth having in your tool box. You never know when you will end up needing it.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Extra savings on select Tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.