Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt-Out Set Gets Stuck Fasteners Moving
Designed to get the job back on track when bolts get stuck, this set delivers the grip and strength of hardened steel. Whether you’re working with a break bar, ratchet or wrench, it gives you a choice between a 3/8 inch drive end and an external hex, so no matter the angle you’re working at, you can get that fastener unstuck. Machined with a six-flute helical design, it digs into bolts delivering a solid, high torque grip, while the included punch clears each bolt-out when the job is done. A small addition to your kit that puts an end to job halting stripped bolts, add it to your arsenal before you take on the next gig, and get it done with Craftsman.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #2 (8 mm. & 5/16 in.), #4 (10 mm. & 3/8 in.), #5 (11 mm. & 7/16 in.), #6 (12 mm.) and #7 (13 mm. & 1/2 in.) removers, a punch and blow molded case
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps the set organized
- Internal 3/8 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Punch clears Bolt-Out, so it’s ready for the next job
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Expanded case allows the addition of filler set #52061
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was recently removing the water pump off of our classic Firebird when I noted a damaged bolt that my wrench just would not fit on. It looked like someone had taken a pair of locking pliers to it, you know what that looks like!
Anyways, I brought out this set which I bought for just this kind of incident and the bolt came right out without any fuss! Well worth the $15 price tag!
Just a note: I used one of my extractors for the 1st time a couple of days ago. It didn't take the bolt out and was ruined in the process. It seems the metal is quite soft. I've used other brands of these extractors before and haven't had any issues.
When I went to the store today I found that there is NO warranty on them at all. Buyer beware. I'm happy I didn't pay too much for them, but wouldn't have spent my money if I knew how poorly they would work.
Saved me from a very costly repair if I had to call a repairman. I was able to remove a rounded nut in no time. So happy that I bought next set of larger sizes.
For the price and value Sears is the place for quality tools. You get 5 different sized bolt removers, a knockout tool, and a case. Can't wait to remove my first bolt! Only kidding. But if I need it, I got it!
Great value. Purchased set on sale for half price. Socket attached securely to a rounded bolt. Bolt was then easily removed using a 3/8" socket wrench.
North Ridgeville, OH
This set works for the simpler jobs, but might not work so well for really badly damage or softer metals. It was worth the purchase as it has its ueses.
Overland Park, KS
These rounded nut remover sockets are really handy. Be careful and try not to use too much force. If the nut or bolt is rusted, use some penetrating lubricant first and wait a while. I used these to remove the soft one-time copper nuts on an exhaust manifold and this set worked like a champ Use a hammer to gently drive the socket onto the nut and then try to remove the nut. Made sure not exert too much torque, which could have possibly snapped the studs. All the nuts were removed, slowly but surely. Also it didn't seem to damage the nuts, which was nice but I was replacing them all anyways.
Craftsman is still most innovative of tool makers. Sometimes hit a home run and sometimes strike out these days but this tool is pure genius. No more vice grips trying to reach and clamp in tight spaces.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.