Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt-Out Set Gets Stuck Fasteners Moving
Designed to get the job back on track when bolts get stuck, this set delivers the grip and strength of hardened steel. Whether you’re working with a break bar, ratchet or wrench, it gives you a choice between a 3/8 inch drive end and an external hex, so no matter the angle you’re working at, you can get that fastener unstuck. Machined with a six-flute helical design, it digs into bolts delivering a solid, high torque grip, while the included punch clears each bolt-out when the job is done. A small addition to your kit that puts an end to job halting stripped bolts, add it to your arsenal before you take on the next gig, and get it done with Craftsman.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #2 (8 mm. & 5/16 in.), #4 (10 mm. & 3/8 in.), #5 (11 mm. & 7/16 in.), #6 (12 mm.) and #7 (13 mm. & 1/2 in.) removers, a punch and blow molded case
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps the set organized
- Internal 3/8 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Punch clears Bolt-Out, so it’s ready for the next job
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Expanded case allows the addition of filler set #52061
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was recently removing the water pump off of our classic Firebird when I noted a damaged bolt that my wrench just would not fit on. It looked like someone had taken a pair of locking pliers to it, you know what that looks like!
Anyways, I brought out this set which I bought for just this kind of incident and the bolt came right out without any fuss! Well worth the $15 price tag!
Just a note: I used one of my extractors for the 1st time a couple of days ago. It didn't take the bolt out and was ruined in the process. It seems the metal is quite soft. I've used other brands of these extractors before and haven't had any issues.
When I went to the store today I found that there is NO warranty on them at all. Buyer beware. I'm happy I didn't pay too much for them, but wouldn't have spent my money if I knew how poorly they would work.
This has already solved a major problem for me in removing an old rounded over bolt that was stuck on some old farm equipment that has seen better days. This little set is something that it just good to have around because you never know when you'll need it... but once you have it and remember that you have it when you come up against a challenging bolt, it helps to make all of the difference in the world.
Don't need it all the time but when you do this comes in handy. Easy to use and gets the job done. Price is a good one Sears has been awesome with the deals and points.
This tool set works well in some cases and not so well in others. For slightly rounded bolt heads, I first try a 6 point socket, if that does not work, I use this tool set, if that does not work, I use vise grips and my last move is to weld an old socket to the bolt head and take it out.
North Andover, MA
I got this product when it was on sale at Sears. It is good to have this product and keep it handy when you need it because you never know when you are going to have a damaged bolt/nut. The quality is very good. For the price that I paid for it, I am very happy. It is another great tool from Craftsman.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.