Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt-Out Set Gets Stuck Fasteners Moving
Designed to get the job back on track when bolts get stuck, this set delivers the grip and strength of hardened steel. Whether you’re working with a break bar, ratchet or wrench, it gives you a choice between a 3/8 inch drive end and an external hex, so no matter the angle you’re working at, you can get that fastener unstuck. Machined with a six-flute helical design, it digs into bolts delivering a solid, high torque grip, while the included punch clears each bolt-out when the job is done. A small addition to your kit that puts an end to job halting stripped bolts, add it to your arsenal before you take on the next gig, and get it done with Craftsman.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #2 (8 mm. & 5/16 in.), #4 (10 mm. & 3/8 in.), #5 (11 mm. & 7/16 in.), #6 (12 mm.) and #7 (13 mm. & 1/2 in.) removers, a punch and blow molded case
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps the set organized
- Internal 3/8 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Punch clears Bolt-Out, so it’s ready for the next job
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Expanded case allows the addition of filler set #52061
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was recently removing the water pump off of our classic Firebird when I noted a damaged bolt that my wrench just would not fit on. It looked like someone had taken a pair of locking pliers to it, you know what that looks like!
Anyways, I brought out this set which I bought for just this kind of incident and the bolt came right out without any fuss! Well worth the $15 price tag!
Just a note: I used one of my extractors for the 1st time a couple of days ago. It didn't take the bolt out and was ruined in the process. It seems the metal is quite soft. I've used other brands of these extractors before and haven't had any issues.
When I went to the store today I found that there is NO warranty on them at all. Buyer beware. I'm happy I didn't pay too much for them, but wouldn't have spent my money if I knew how poorly they would work.
New York, NY
Exactly as my title says, this is one of those tools you need to keep in your arsenal. I've needed for this in the last 20 years but never had one. Finally went on sale a few weeks ago, so I bought both sized sets.
Bolt extractors are exactly what I needed to get a rounded oil pan bolt off. This set has the case which also has room in it for the larger bolt set that is separate from this set.
Bethel Park, PA
craftmans tools sold by sears give you the ease of letting you know you just bought a good high quality product, some of the toughest hand tools i ever worked with, i refuse to work with any other after busting a few knuckles.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I have a lot of Craftsman hand tools and woodworking machinery, and always bought craftsman for there durability and craftsmanship. This is the second set of Damaged Bolt/Nut remover set I have owned. The first set wash bought back in 1993 and still does it`s job after many of uses. I just bought another set because of the very low price at the time. These are a must and makes it very easy to remove old rounded off nuts and bolts.
In order to complete this set you need to spend $20 more for the upper five piece set. Upon opening the box you'll notice five vacant spots where the bigger half inch drives belong. It is a cheap way for them to get you to spend more of your hard earned money with them. Why not give the complete set to your customers like the old and honest Craftsman/Sears would have done instead of trying these marketing scams? Great tool, but terrible customer appreciation from a company that is slowly but surely losing a lot of respect and customers.
I love the Craftsman tool sets. This kit works excellent for removing bolts or nuts that are stripped and can't fit the original sized socket on it anymore. I have struggled often and someone let me borrow this kit once, and I went out and bought it for myself that week. Great tool to have.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get this Tool Item at a limited time Hot Price! Sold By Sears Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 19-Apr-2014 See details.