Craftsman Bolt-Out 5 pc. Damaged Bolt/Nut Remover SetItem# 00952061000 | Model# 52061
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.69|
|Product Type:||Bolt-out sets|
|Quantity in Set:||5 pc.|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
Ratings & Reviews
This Bolt Remover Set Gets Tough Fasteners Moving
Built from hardened steel and featuring a six-flute helical design, each piece in this Bolt-Out bolt remover set is designed to get stubborn, stripped fasteners spinning. Equipped to take on a larger range of bolts in engines, furnaces and appliances, it features both ½ inch internal and hex external drives so you can get the right grip for optimum torque. Machined with precision from hardened steel, and built to last, if you’re serious about getting the job done right, toss this set in your tool box.
- Bolt-Out Set includes: #8 (14 mm. & 9/16 in.), #9 (15 mm.), #10 (16 mm. & 5/8 in.), #11 (17 mm. & 11/16 in.) and #13 (19 mm. & 3/4 in.)
- Black oxide coating prevents corrosion, while the blow molded case keeps it organized
- Internal 1/2 and external hex drives give more grip than other brands
- Six-flute helical design digs into bolts
- Will fit into the case of companion set, #52060
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I needed to remove the blade break clutch from the bottom of a ********** 14SB lawn mower. Unfortunately the 8mm hex bolt that holds the BBC on was stripped. I tried various methods to remove the hex bolt but was unsuccessful. I was about to take an angle grinder to it, but happen to come across these bolt-outs. I grabbed number #10 from the set and used a small mallet to hammer it on the top of the hex bolt since the head of the hex bolt was round and these had nothing to grip to. I was able it back out the hex bolt with ease using a 1/2 ratchet. The only problem I have now is separating the bolt-out #10 from the hex bolt - they are attached together pretty good. I definitely recommend this protect!
Saint Paul, MN
I wish I had something like this when I was racing back in the '70's. We had a few bolts with stripped heads and took the motor into the machinist to have it extracted. Something like this set may have saved us time and money. I hope they aren't need more than a few times, then there is something I'm doing wrong
Like another review said, it might work on bolts/nuts that are slightly rounded, but on something that is pretty rounded and is seized, it just doesn't work. Plus you can't hammer them on when you're in tight spaces. The #6 is way to tight for a 12mm unless you can hammer in it, which you can't in a tight space and the #7 would fit a 12mm bolt that isn't rounded perfectly, but is too loose on a rounded bolt.
this is the set that has all the missing pieces from the other bolt out set. I bought both and it is a really neat little set to have, you don't use them all the time but when I needed them they were worth every dime.
I've been working on balljoints for the past few days and ran into some very rusty old bolts on my jeep WJ. Needless to say, this product saved my wallet and I from a lot of heartache.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.