Craftsman 1/2 HP CHain Drive Garage Door Opener with Security+ Anti-Burglary CodingItem# 00953930000 | Model# 53930
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Chain drive|
|General Warranty:||4 years|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||36.5|
|Battery Backup Function:||No|
|Motor Power Type:||AC|
|Has Doorbell Operation:||Yes|
|Number of Lights:||1|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Open Door Monitor:||No|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Standard|
Ratings & Reviews
1/2 hp Chain Drive Garage Door Opener Opens by Remote, Inside and from Car
Enjoy a great end to every day by installing the Craftsman Garage Door Opener with Anti-Burglary Coding today. The 1/2 HP motor lifts your garage doors gently and doesn't close until it's sure you've arrived safely inside. You don't have to rush in because advanced sensors will reverse the closing doors if they detect your car's motion. Once you're in, the PosiLock system will make sure the garage doors are closed tight behind you.
You receive two remotes with this 1/2 hp Chain Drive Garage Door Opener. Keep one for yourself and give another to a family member or friend if you have a double garage. If it happens that you lose your remote, you can open from inside the house. Another option is to have a homelink visor installed so you can open it from inside your car. For your safety, it uses top anti-burglary technology that sends a new code every time you use it. This prevents thieves from interfering or activating it when you're not home.
- The Craftsman Garage Door Opener with Anti-Burglary Coding ensures you a smooth and safe drive into your garage every day
- Hardworking 1/2 HP motor with chain system lifts and closes garage doors with ease
- Sensor technology reverses closing doors if they detect motion from your car
- PosiLock system closes door tight
- Comes with 2 remotes with anti-burglary technology that sends new codes every time you use them
- If you lose remote, open from interior
- Alternately, install homelink compatible visor to open from inside car
- Dependable system that won't cause harm to property or users
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
New Castle, PA
Purchased garage door opener to replace the craftsman opener that I had for approx 20+ years. Craftsman quality is something that I know I can depend on when purchased. Sales rep was helpful and opener was easy for my son to install.
Always use Craftsman Garage Door Openers. This one was a replacement for an old one. Went up without a problem and virtually no adjustments were needed once installed.
Las Vegas, NV
The Craftsman 1/2 hp chain drive garage door opener is not as quiet as the belt drive product, but it is a decent product for what you pay for it.
Replaced a Craftsman opener that had operated for about 15 years. The new unit went up without a lot of trouble and works fine. I thnk is is quieter than the one replaced.
I purchase this garage opener and install it my self was very easy with all instructions and all the parts necesary for installation included
Porter Corners, NY
I bought this to replace an old Genie that had been in the garage, not working, since I bought my house. I hoped that I would be able to leave some of the old parts in, but I had to remove the old one completely. That turned out to be most of the work. Putting this one together and installing it was straightforward, even though I had never done this before. It took a total of about 3 hours from start to finish. Since it's up, it's been great, works well, no problems at all.
Overland Park, KS
We have upper and lower garages. The openers for each stopped working at different times. One is a heavy double door and the other is a heavy single door. We installed a whisper drive opener on the heavy single door, and that thing is super, super quiet!!! Very lovely! This thing is loud. It's below the master bedroom and had I known it was going to sound like a freight train (this is louder than any opener I've ever heard) I would have spent $$$ to avoid this. This opener is on a single garage at the basement level. It can be heard opener on the 2nd floor, opposite corner of our home. If anybody has any recommendations for making this quieter, I would be forever grateful. It's about to put me over the edge!!!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Plus, members get $10 back in points with any tool purchase over $20, sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.