Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||Steel Bar Clamp: 36 in.|
|Throat Depth (in.):||2.5|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3|
|Type:||Bar & pipe clamps|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 36 In. Bar Clamp Combines Power and Strength for a Secure Grip
The Craftsman 36 in. bar clamp steel constructed features one fixed point plus one moveable point held together with a flat bar. The steel construction and simple operation make this a great choice for the home workbench.
Use the Craftsman 36 in. bar clamp for multiple projects around the house and in the garage. This durable bar clamp weighs three pounds, making it lightweight to move from one job site to the next.
- The Craftsman 36 in. bar clamp steel constructed offers strength, power and durability for your larger DIY jobs that require the joining of materials
- Designed with a 36" length and 2.5" throat depth, this bar clamp can be used for carpentry jobs, metalworking and more
- Weighing 3 pounds, store the steel bar clamp hanging from the wall via peg board storage or your VersaTrack system
- Steel construction for long-lasting durability
- Includes the bar clamp pads to protect surfaces from dents, scratches and pitting
- Color: Craftsman red and black
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I am happy with them though I can see why you might want to spend more for heavier clamps for greater clamping pressure. This was my first purchase of longer clamps.
Big Lake, MN
This do just what they are designed to do the hold wood together perfectly and they are very sturdy. So far I have not noticed any marks or rub marks let by the clamps so I would say they are doing an excellent job.
I just picked up a pair of these clamps. They are a handy size for many projects, and not nearly as cumbersome as pipe clamps. Of course, these clamps cannot provide the same durability or clamp force as pipe clamps. I took off one star because one of the stationary feet was assembled noticeably off 90 degrees from the bar. The rubber pad will minimize the issue, but it is off in the wrong direction and will only get worse with use. FYI, the stationary arm is pinned not bolted, so you cannot easily convert the clamp into a spreader.
This sturdy clamp is easy to use and well made. The jaw is easy to operate and yet has the pressure of a screw clamp. The depth of the throat provides for easy access and the ability to clamp large items.
I purchased these from the local Sears store when they were on sale. I couldn't be happier. They are on par with the similar style Bessey clamps I also own. You can never have enough clamps!
Bought 3 clamps thinking it was a great deal. I was very disappointed when the first time I tried to use them, 2 of the 3 would not tighten with the threads easily slipping. I'm taking them all back for something more durable.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.