Craftsman CanOBD Diagnostic ToolOnline only | Item# 00987702000 | Model# 87702
Specifications & Dimensions
|Diagnostic Tool Type:||Specialty|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.5|
|Plugs Into Auto Computer:||Yes|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
Ratings & Reviews
The Canobd2 Gives You an Inside Look at your Engine
This Craftsman diagnostic tool delivers clear, precise, to-the-minute diagnostic information you can use to keep your rig running its best. Built to link up with engines made after 1996, this tool gives you the insight to take care of persistent problems and the knowledge to make little tweaks now that can turn into huge repair savings down the road.
Find out what that check engine light really means, and make sure you ace every emissions test before you leave the driveway. Like putting a dependable mechanic in the palm of your hands, this reader delivers the information you need to keep that car, truck or van on the road for decades. Featuring an easy to read LED display and online access to RepairSolutions, a service that translates trouble codes into full diagnostic reports, probable causes and most likely fixes, the Canobd2 communicates problems clearly and offers help other tools just can’t. Get the keen insights you need with this powerful diagnostic tool and keep that rig running its best for years.
- This Craftsman diagnostic tool automatically updates data every 30 seconds so you know when the job’s done right
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)
- Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network)
- Includes Spanish and French interface & definitions (selected by a menu command) Displays freeze frame data for better diagnostics
- This tool can be flash updated with a standard Windows® PC (OBD-PC Link™ software included with tool) so every definition is clear and accurate
- The Canobd2 memory / battery backup delivers off-car review and analysis in the shop, office or wherever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
All the features of the brands that are much more expensive. Came in handy when my ABS system failed. Diagnosed exact problem and was able to replace the exact part that the ODB II reader cited as failure. Saved hours of diagnostics and big dollars in shop costs. Replaced ABS sensor myself in 20 minutes and saved the $350 diagnostic test and labor the shop quoted. A good ODB II reader is a must have to avoid fraudulent or excessive shop/labor fees. Most if not all auto dealers pay their service department commissions and will almost always give you more repairs than are actually needed to fix your problem. I know several friends who have worked at dealerships and they all told me they are encouraged and even required to do repairs that are not needed to generate additional revenue for the dealership. I also know this because after I got the ODB II reader and found out what was wrong with the car, I took it to the dealer with the ABS light on. I was told that the ABS system is very complicated and the ABS problem usually is a result of multiple systems failures in the ABS system. Was quoted $350 for diagnostics and labor and told the parts could run anywhere from a few hundred to over a thousand dollars. The OBD II reader told me the front passenger wheel sensor failed. I paid $50 for the sensor and replaced it and ABS system works fine. This OBD II reader will test all the sensors in your car and also has ABS diagnostics. All ODB II readers are not the same. I have an inexpensive one that I bought before buying this Craftsman. The inexpensive reader did not work very well, the codes were incorrect, and the ABS diagnostics did not find anything wrong. Everyone should have one of these. The money you spend on this OBD II scanner will pay for itself the first time something goes wrong with your car.
San Francisco, CA
This is an easy to use reader. Big enough screen for an old guy like my husband to read. Bought a smaller one but was too small and this one is just right. Would recommend it.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.