Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Folding Utility Knife Designed for Excellence
TheCraftsman Folding Lockback Utility Knife adds an entirely new dimension to difficult tasks. Designed for precision, its performance-driven quality construction offers you reliability plus important safety features. This is a knife that makes it simpler than ever to take care of all your work and household projects. Add to that the benefits of its one-hand-opening feature and getting the job done just got a whole lot easier.
When opening your toolbox, no tool will be more important than the CraftsmanFolding Utility Knife. The folding lockback blade offers a sense of safety and security you can count on, so you can stay focused on the task at hand. With its unlimited warranty, this folding utility knife is guaranteed to give you a lifetime of dependence and satisfaction. An example of quality construction, the knife is also attractive, with a hardwood and lightweight metal handle and natural leather holster.
- Craftsman Folding Lockback Utility Knife is designed for precision
- Easy-to-use one-hand operation
- High quality and dependable construction
- Folding lockback safety feature
- Built for strength and durability
- Lightweight aluminum and polished hardwood handle
- Natural leather holster with clip
- Quick-change blade mechanism
- Lifetime guarantee on all parts
- Weight 0.35 lbs
- Sale prohibited or restricted in AL, FL, ID, KS, MA, MD, ME, MS, NC, NY, OH, OK, RI, TX, VI, WA, WI, WV
- Free shipping offer ends 31-Jan-2013
- Special pricing for Hawaii and Alaska
- Available for in-store pick up
- Earn 150 Shop Your Way Rewards points
- Layaway and gift wrap available
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These are more like a pocket knife. I don't recommend these because the police might try to kill you, or cause you a lot of grief for simply being in posession of one regardless of what state you are in. Mine is in my set of tools in my workshop and I have used it once. I was not very comfortable with the folding blade and feared I would cut my fingers while opening, or closing the blade. I am happier with the old-fashioned scrapers, fixed blade, or retractable utility knives in my carpenter's tool belt. They are better suited for my type of work.
Island Lake, IL
La Plata, MD
San Jose, CA
I keep this tool on my belt along with my mini flash light and use them as my most used tools to diagnosis a problem at work or my property management. It is amazing just how often I use the knife which can be opened with one hand.
Pros: * Outstanding weight balance * Slick Opening with positive lock * Blade retention system Cons: * Two step closing process * Dangerous operation * Quick Change not stable * Right hand use only, not for the left hand * No internal blade storage for spare blades * Made in China Review: This utility knife has a great feel with the way the wood is constructed. I really enjoyed holding it in my hand. As long as you are ALWAYS using the right hand, it works, but if you need to use your left hand for any specific job, you are out of luck because of the design, the thumb stud was designed on one side only. The blade retention is pretty solid, however the moment I opened it for the first time, it would not close as tight as it was brand new. Not only that, but you can open the blade with the knife in the closed position. This can happen if the latch catches onto anything in the closed position and the moment you flick the unit open, the blade could possibly fall out. I was forced to returning this unit back to Sears when this unit cut my finger when closing it because the blade landed on my middle finger that was gripping the handle. My advice: Buy a standard Stanley retractable utility knife that uses a standard screw because the blade won't accidentally come out, you can use with both right and left hands, has built-in blade storage and you won't accidentally cut yourself closing it and can be found for under five bucks. Recommended: No
Bought this as a last minute gift for someone who has everything. Great find. He needed it for work.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.