|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Length (in.):||36 in.|
|Chain Saw Length:||16 in.|
|File Diameter:||5/32 in.|
|Guide Bar Type:||Sprocket nose|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12.0 lbs.|
|Number of Drive Links:||56|
|Power Type:||110V Electric|
|Included with Item:|
|Extra Chain Included:||Yes|
|Extra Bar Included:||No|
|Anti Vibration Handle:||No|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Cord Length (Feet):||100|
|Power Cord Gauge, 100 ft.:||14 gauge|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 year limited|
|Tool Free Chain Adjustment:||Yes|
|Meets ANSI Standards:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Choose This 16" Electric Chain Saw for Greater Power
This lightweight Craftsman 16" Electric Chain Saw is extremely easy to handle and maintain. Powered with a 3.5HP electric motor this 12 amp chain saw is a great choice for small jobs around the house. Tool-less chain can be easily adjusted for convenient cutting. Select this powerful saw with efficient chain brake and low kick-back for safe residential use.
This sturdily built and powerful Electric Chain Saw is best suited for trimming and pruning your lawn and light cutting jobs in and around the home. Bar and chain are automatically lubricated by a built-in oiling system for reliable performance day after day. Use the 16-inch guide bar with a sprocket nose to easily cut through logs. Bring home this fully assembled electric chain saw for easy and efficient everyday cutting.
- Powerful electric motor in the Craftsman 16" Electric Chain Saw delivers a peak performance of 3.5HP
- Fully assembled saw comes with an extra chain so that you are well prepared for every situation
- 110V electric motor makes this chain saw quieter and easy to maintain
- Weighing 12 lbs. this lightweight chain saw is easy to move around
- 16-inch guide bar and tool-less chain for ease and efficiency of work
- Automatic oiling keeps chain and bar constantly lubricated
- 36-inch chain saw requires 14 gauge power cord
- Meets ANSI standards
- Available in red/black finish
- Extra chain included
- Item Weight: 12 lbs.
- Two year limited warranty
Added on July 16, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My 12-year-old electric craftsman chain saw has finally died for the final time. So I purchased this one to replace it. Bad mistake! After 30 minutes of accumulated use during the day. The following items were noted.
1. Chain falls off drive gear about once every 10 minutes of use. Seems any contamination that gets inside will derail the unit.
2. The no tools adjustment for chain tension is of no value. It loosens up during cutting from vibrations.
3. 7 out of every 10 times you try to start the unit, the chain only sits there while the motor in running full tilt.
4. While cutting branches of at least 1-inch thickness, the chain will just stop while the motor screams on.
5. The chain saw is so over engineered for safety that it is dangerous. The chain break is useless.
I had neighbors come over and try out my new saw. Everyone was disappointed. All reported that the unit was a piece of junk.
We tried every combination of chain slack and chain tension to try and correct the problems encountered.
Nothing seems to work at all.
I have used chain saws, manual saws, power and non-power tools for over 50 years. This is by far the worst device I have found to date.
purchased brand new. took home and filled the oil. connected power and tried to start, but did not start, reread the manual, on line foorums, but no help. took back to store the next day to get full refund might have been just this 1 item that was bad
Porter Ranch, CA
Bought this electric saw to cut down some trees in my backyard. This was my first chainsaw and I must say I did not know what to expect. This saw cut right through a 7 inch trunk like it was butter! I am very impressed with the results and could not be happier.
South Windsor, CT
I just used this to cut down a heavily overgrown bush that had a 8" trunk. It did a tidy job of taking it down and cutting it into manageable pieces. I use a chainsaw infrequently and got tired of the startup problems with my old gas saw. Tuning up the old saw would have cost more than buying this new electric one. Plug it in, push the trigger and you are in business. Be patient and don't force it, this saw is good but of course does not have the cutting power of a good gas unit. Recommended for occasional, infrequent chainsaw user.
Easy to use. The decision between gas vs electric was not difficult because an electric socket was nearby. It's relatively light, and sufficiently powerful for small jobs near the house. Of course , be careful. Keep away from children.
The chain saw worked very good. I find a Chain saw works better in some placers than a circular saw. The application was inside so a gas powered saw would not work.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.