Sears reserves the right to limit quantities ordered and to cancel or reject orders. See Terms and Conditions.
What Are Our Shipping & Delivery Methods?
Sears.com uses four shipping methods: U.S. Postal Service, UPS package delivery, Home Delivery and Special Freight Carrier Delivery Handling. Not all methods are available for all items.
U.S. Postal Service is used to ship gift cards and all orders to APO/FPO* addresses.
*Please note that although our website reflects a ship date based on the APO/FPO zip code, we ask that you allow an additional 4-6 weeks for the military postal service to deliver your package to its final overseas destination.
UPS package delivery is the primary method of shipping for items weighing less than 150 pounds. In addition to standard ground service, we offer a two-day air option and an overnight delivery option. Additional fees are charged for expedited shipping.
Standard and Premium Freight Carrier Delivery please allow 8-10 business days plus shipping time.
Standard Freight Carrier Delivery is used for items that require special handling, are oversized, or weigh over 150 pounds. Certain products and/or brands may not qualify for Sears Home Delivery and instead may be delivered via our Freight Carrier delivery service. These items are shipped by a freight carrier and are curb service. A person 18 years or older must be available to meet the delivery and sign for the product(s). Our threshold delivery service is available for business and residential customers. The driver will place your purchases at the threshold of your door or in your garage. This service does not include in-home delivery or set up. Freight Carrier delivered items will be identified on the product detailed description page with a note beginning with Freight Carrier Delivery Method Required.
Premium Freight Carrier Delivery is used for items that require special handling, are oversized, or weigh over 150 pounds. Certain products and/or brands may not qualify for Sears Home Delivery and instead may be delivered via our Freight Carrier delivery service. These items are shipped by a freight carrier and the driver will place your purchases, in your home in the location you select. A person 18 years or older must be available to meet the delivery and sign for the product(s). This delivery service is available for business and residential customers. This service does not include in-home delivery or set up. Freight Carrier delivered items will be identified on the product detailed description page with a note beginning with Freight Carrier Delivery Method Required.
Sears Home Delivery is used for select Sears items and may include some basic unpacking and setup services. Home Delivery will be made on the date selected by you from the calendar at check out. If you do not receive a delivery date at check out, you will receive a call or email with the delivery date.
Where Do We Ship & Deliver?
- U.S. Postal Service
- Gift Cards to all 50 United States and Puerto Rico. All Orders for APO/FPO Addresses
- all 50 United States
- Home Delivery / Freight Carrier Delivery
- 48 continental United States. There may be some remote areas where we cannot deliver. You will be notified during the checkout process if we cannot deliver to your zip code
Sears does not currently ship or deliver by UPS or home delivery to P.O. Boxes, Puerto Rico, Guam or the US Virgin Islands. We do, however, accept BILLING addresses in these states (as well as other areas, such as Guam, Virgin Islands), as long as the item is being shipped to the Continental United States.
What Are Our Shipping & Delivery Rates?
- U.S. Postal Service
- There are no shipping charges for Gift Cards. Charges for shipping to APO/FPO addresses are based upon the weight of the order.
- Charges are based upon the weight of the order.
- Freight Carrier Delivery
- Special handling prices are determined based upon your location, item dimensions, and item weight.
- Sears Home Delivery Rates
- Prices vary by location and are based on the number of trips made to your location.
- Sears Home Delivered Items
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Stoves, Ovens, Cooking Ranges, Built-in-Microwaves, Projection TVs, Lawn & Garden Tractors, Tractor Accessories, Gas Grills, Patio Furniture Sets, Mattresses
- Sears Home Delivery Rate
- One charge applies per trip regardless of the number of items. All items must be on the same order, and delivered to the same address on the same date. Delivery does not include installation. An estimated delivery charge will display in your shopping cart.
Certain products and/or brands may not qualify for Sears Home Delivery and instead may be delivered via our Freight Carrier delivery service. Look for the Sears Home Delivery option when adding your product to the Shopping Cart or when reviewing your product in the Shopping Cart to determine whether the product you are purchasing is eligible for Sears Home Delivery.
Sears Haul-Away Rates
Sears can haul away the items you're replacing for an additional charge of $10 per item. (Prices may vary in some markets.)
Please note the following restrictions that apply to Haul Away processing:
- Haul away is available on a one for one replacement basis only.
- Item requested for haul away limited to similar appliance type.
- Commercial grade appliances cannot be hauled away.
- Haul away is not available for installed appliances.
- Item for haul away must be ready for pick up at the time of delivery.
When Will My Order Arrive?
UPS Shipped Items
Shipping time is the number of business days (Monday-Friday) it takes a product to reach you from the date it is shipped from the warehouse. The shipping time should be added to the number of days estimated for product availability.
Product availability is indicated on the Product Detail page for each item. For UPS, ground shipping times vary from one to five business days depending on the proximity of your shipping address to the given warehouse stocking your ordered product.
Deliveries are not made on weekends or holidays. Business days are Monday through Friday.
To determine how long it will take an item to arrive, add together the availability time and the shipping time.
- Example 1: Overnight Air
- Order placed: Tuesday
- Availability (This item typically ships within two business days): Wednesday or Thursday
- Overnight delivery: Arrive Thursday or Friday
- Example 2: UPS Ground
- Order placed: Saturday
- Availability (This item typically ships within two business days): Monday or Tuesday
- Ground Delivery: Order will arrive at shipping address between Wednesday and the following Tuesday (depending on the proximity of the shipping address to our Midwest warehouse).
Freight Carrier Delivery
You will be notified of your delivery date and a 4-hour delivery window. If the delivery date is inconvenient for you, we will arrange another date. Typically, Special Handling items will be delivered in 7-12 business days. Freight carriers may not enter your house or provide any setup services.
Sears Home Delivery
Home Delivery will be made on the date selected from the calendar at check out. If you do not receive a delivery date at check out, you will receive a call or email with the delivery date. Sears Delivery Customers will receive two (2)* notification phone calls.
How Do We Ship & Deliver Multiple Items?
Sears.com ships items as they are available; therefore you may receive more than one delivery if you purchase several items.
Items that will ship separately:
- Items that have different shipping/delivery methods (e.g. UPS, USPS, Freight Carrier, Sears Home Delivery)
- Items are not available in our warehouses on the same day
- If you order a gift card, a power drill and a refrigerator, all will be shipped or delivered separately. The gift card will arrive in your regular U.S. mail delivery, the drill will be sent by UPS and the refrigerator will be delivered by Sears Home Delivery at the time you arrange with a Sears delivery representative.
If you need to reschedule your delivery, please contact 1-800-732-7747 to speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives.
In order to expedite your request, please have your sales check number and the phone number that was used when your order was placed easily available. Our Customer Service Representatives will do their best to accommodate your delivery date request.
Please keep in mind that, on the day of delivery, we do offer, a 1/2 hour call ahead to notify you that the delivery team is on their way. To request a 1/2 hour call ahead, please contact our Customer Service Office.