Craftsman 28857CAX *CA Only* 48" 22 HP V-Twin Briggs & Stratton Fast Auto TurnTight® Riding Mower
The product you searched for is no longer available. There are, however, many other retooled, refined, and readily available products. So feel free to explore our site.
Mowing Just Got Easier with the Craftsman 48 in. V-Twin Turn Tight® Riding Mower
See the best selling attachments for this Riding Mower
Whether you're wading through the weeds after the spring rains or clearing the driveway after a winter storm, the Craftsman 48 inch Briggs and Stratton Platinum 22 HP V-Twin 724cc Turn Tight® FAST riding lawn mower has the power to make quick work of the job. It also has the finesse to make tidy work—with a 6 inch Turn Tight® turning radius, this machine will maneuver around trees and fences where many riding lawn mowers just don't fit. The generous 48 in. blade means fewer laps around the yard. An adjustable deck can raise up to four inches off the ground, letting it chew through heavy growth. Its top speed of 7.5 mph, plus its automatic transmission, makes it a dream to operate on rolling expanses or up or down hills.
- Powered by a V-Twin Platinum series 22 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek OVE engine that is designed to run cooler and cleaner for better fuel economy and longer engine life.
- The rugged FAST Automatic transmission, with a maximum speed of 7.5 MPH, features foot pedal operation. With a forward and reverse pedal this tractor operates just like a car to quickly mow in any direction.
- Turn Tight® technology features a 6 inch turning radius that easily maneuvers around gardens and other obstacles, while shortening time between each pass.
- 48 inch cutting deck offers cutting heights from 1 inch up to 4 inches mowing more grass in less time
- With 10 easy to adjust cutting height options for the best suited cutting height to meet seasonal conditions.
- Mow-in-Reverse option allows you to perform a quick 2-step process in order to keep the blades engaged for continuous mowing while shifting into and out of reverse.
- Anti-scalp front and rear gauge wheels and nose roller protect your deck by keeping it from scalping the grass when the mower encounters uneven or sloped terrain.
- The superior strength of the cast-iron front axle provides piece of mind when your yard contains rugged terrain or numerous obstacles.
- Easy to fill 3 gallon fuel tank helps reduce refueling needs for long days in the yard
- Comfortable 15 inch ergonomic high-back seat isolates user from bumps and vibration reducing rider fatigue.
- Deck Wash system facilitates cleaning of the cutting deck. Just attach the hose, turn on the water and start the engine.
- Convenient Electric Lift feature allows for quick raising or lowering of the cutting deck.
- Safely carry your favorite beverage with you on the tractor while you mow.
- Item is CARB-Compliant and can be shipped to California.
Turn Around Fast
Craftsman’s Turn Tight technology features a 6 inch turning radius that easily whips around gardens and other obstacles, while shortening time between each pass.
Briggs & Stratton 22HP Platinum Series™ V-Twin Engine delivering more power, less vibration and quieter running. Equipped with an MRS spark plug for consistent starting.
With foot pedal controls so it operates just like a car and a top speed of 7.5 MPH this tractor is a dream to operate on rolling expanses or up and down hills.
Turn Tight® technology features a 6 inch turning radius that easily maneuvers around gardens and other obstacles, while shortening time between each pass.
Cast Iron Front Axle
Craftsman cast-iron front axle for added strength and durability and a life time warranty.
With 10 easy to adjust cutting height options for the best suited cutting height to meet seasonal conditions.
Electric Blade Engagement
Electric blade engagement allows you to activate the blades at the touch of a button.
|Overall Item Dimensions||72.75 x 49.5 x 46|
|Cutting Deck & Blade:|
|Number of Cutting Blades||3|
|Cutting Deck Style||Mulch/Rear Bag/Side Discharge|
|Blade Width (in.)||2.125|
|Cutting Width (In.)||48|
|Blade Type||3 in 1|
|Cutting Deck Material||Steel|
|Cutting Deck Nose Roller||Yes|
|Cutting Height Minimum (in.)||1|
|Cutting Height Maximum (in.)||4|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type||Spring Assisted|
|Controls and Features:|
|Speed Control||Foot pedal|
|Blade Engagement Type||Electric|
|Item Weight (lbs.)||584|
|General Warranty||2 Year / 5 Year Frame & Axle|
|Recommended Terrain||All Types|
|Recommended Yard Size||1 Acre and Above|
|Front Axle Material||Cast iron|
|Frame Type||Stamped steel|
|Handling & Operating:|
|Number of Forward Speeds||Infinite|
|Number of Reverse Speeds||1|
|Turning Radius (in.)||6|
|Maximum Forward Speed (mph)||7.5|
|Maximum Reverse Speed (mph)||2.9|
|Mow in Reverse||Yes|
|Cylinder Liner||Cast iron|
|Air Filter Type||Dual|
|Oil Filter Type||Full pressure|
|Engine Brand||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Number of Cylinders||2|
|Cooling System Type||Air Cooled|
|Overhead Valve Engine||Yes|
|Engine Displacement (cc)||724|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Anti-Scalp Gauge Wheels||Yes|
|Rear Tire Size||20" X 8" - 8"|
|Front Tire Size||15" X 6" - 6"|
|Accessory or Attachment:|
|Snow Blade or Thrower Capable||Snow blade|
|Hauling Equipment||Heavy Hauling|
|3 Bin Bagger Part Number||#24916|
|Mulch Kit Part Number||#24148|
|Mulch Kit Included||Sold Separately|
|Bag Kit Included||No|
|Snow Blade Capable||Yes|
|Snow Thrower Capable||Yes|
|Accessories||Snow Blade 24441, Snow Thrower 24837, Snow Cab 24276, Wheel Weight Standard 24434/24100, Chains 24860, Sun Shade 24230|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.)||3.0|
|Fuel Gauge Location||On Tank|
|CARB Compliant||CARB Compliant|
SSIN : 07120392000P
UID : 43af4f8f-db08-4f19-853e-9effb9db0733